BFPO and Op Telic 11

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by c0kecan, Jan 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What can i say the BFPO system sucks!!

Post is taking forever...and tell me how can they get a parcel here in two days and on the same day deliver one that was posted 8 weeks ago.

You cant email them on the site to give them rock all, maybe because so many people are affected by their incompetance.

A parcel turned up today for a person that they sent on 3rd december and they went home 3 weeks ago. Today Someone in my department got a parcel posted 3 days before reciept and one posted over a month ago. And im still waiting for one from 4th december and one from 2 weeks ago.

What bloody use is a christmas parcel from home to anyone in January i ask my self...absolutly none at all

SORT IT OUT BFPO

Rant over :x :x :x :x

2. My wife use to send me the statutory bottle of vodka in a metal flask each week with no problems on Telic 3, I also had a nice side line in used empty flasks.

3. I rang BFPO to find out the BFPO no for my wfes location told them where she is, and they said there isn't one for there, I said Camp Souter? no not one for there, I said how about the rest of 'Stan replied not sure. Perhaps she has left me for a younger man.
    Hope springs enternal

4. Souter is BFPO 758

5. Ta Waylander just hope she doesn't get moved somewhere else

6. I dont know if its true but I've heard that BFPO are getting investigated about how they are handling the mail!

I could of been told a load of cr@p though

7. Alcohol is cotraband this is a prohibited item under the BFPO

Postal & Courier Squadron

8. If it was contraband,surely someone would have said :eek:

9. how outragious

imagine, people sending alcohol through the BFPO system!

10. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Mate of mine was the OC of Postal & Courier Sqn in KAF last year and he told me everything is X-rayed - in and out - so best not to try it on with anything blindingly obvious. They will also open it up and remove said item before moving it on providing its not something spectacularly daft like weapons, etc in which case you can expect a visit from your local friendly simians.

11. Still waiting on a freeview box that was posted to me on Telic 9....somehow I think that may have been 'relocated' in the postal system :(