Bfg thinning out

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by slab, Nov 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Army troop relocations announced by Ministry of Defence

It looks like the sleepy Lincolnshire village of Cottesmore is about to get a rude awakening after decades of genteel RAF types.

2 R ANGLIAN and 7 Regt RLC in the same barracks? That should be interesting!

On a sadder note, farewell it seems to Celle and Munster.
  2. So the robust lasses of Cottesmore will finally get some cock rather than cocks?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. AL1: Cottesmore is in Rutland, ie beyond the back of beyond. The Angle Irons will have to travel a bit to get some entertainment.
  4. Oakham?
  5. Young people joining up now will really have a taste of travel and exotic postings - Catterick, Bulford, Aldershot, RAF Kinloss and RAF Cottesmore.

King highly exciting, not - and people used to complain about Berlin and Osnabruck!
  6. Oi! I resemble that remark!! It's bloody exotic up here in Kinloss! Some of the local mutants have very exotic mutations. I'm so very glad i got to spend 6 glorious years in Osnabruck. Best years of my life.
  7. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Oh yes. 'There's nuffink to do in Berlin' was heard on many occasions. Sad but true.

The Army will change the names. RAF Cottesmore could be Shangri-La Barracks or some such.
  8. The travel prospects for future generations look quite grim. A posting to Catterick with the odd tour of the Falklands is no ones idea of fun. Sadly, there is a distinct lack of beer soaked and or sunshine postings these days which is a shame as it used to be one of upsides of life in the forces.
  9. Don't worry we'll keep the infantry in line.
  10. Brotherton Lad

They're already in the Line, stacker.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. And the RLC will make sure they stay there.
  12. Brotherton Lad

Then I wish you good luck.
  13. I wonder if they'll start re-vamping some of the old trg camps in preparation for the rest when they leave BFG?
  14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Spent a few years at Kinloss,brilliant camp.The Crown & Anchor bar in Findhorn,the Abbey bar next to the Spar & a crackin Indian curry house next door.
    The newer single man blocks are the best ones to go,they have en-suite sink/pi$$ers & a good sized kitchen with cooker.

Attached Files:

15. Yeah, like recommissioning Dundonald Camp for Junior Tradesmen.