BFG Rules/Regulations

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Gonzo, Nov 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know where I can find the rules/regs for BFG'ing a car?
    I bought a tax free car when I was last in Germany and want to know whether I can take it back.
    I seem to remember someone having difficulties re-BFG'ing a tax free car that had been brought back to Germany.
  2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

The rules change frequently, and are contained in BFG Standing Orders. You may find the best way to get up to date info is to contact one of the Hives in BFG through BFGNet . Alternatively, contact the BFG Licensing Officer at the unit you arte going to. Apparently the BFGVLO have a helpline - if you can get through, and then get a sensible answer, you will have done well.

I re-BFG'd a car previously bought tax-free; they allocated the same number as it had before. The only difficulty I then had was when I came to register a new car whilst keeping the old one - the BFGVLO initially thought I was trying to have two tax-free cars, until I pointed out the dates, and the export from UK documentation they already had, and so on, all of which was made so much more difficult by the fact that you can't talk to them, and unit BFG offices are generally hopeless with anything out of the ordinary. So, in theory you should have no problems, but you can never plan for the unpleasant little empire that is the BFGVLO.
  3. VB,
    Thanks, that's very useful.
  4. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

You need to 2 MA degrees to understand the BFG system. That or they seem to change the rules every time I go in!!!
  5. Couldn't agree more. Remember that when you are reading BFG regs, do so backwards and preferably having first downed the large proportion of a bottle of good malt.

They'll make more sense!