BFG Issue, 1 for the RMP

Hi, Just after advice really please guys. If I was in the UK, my car had a valid MOT, insurance and road tax, Iwould be legal to drive. However, I am in Germany, my car has been BFG inspected and passed (renewal, not initial, i have proof of test and emmisions etc), my insurance has also been renewed, and I have valid tax. The only thing is that my fuel card/registration date has expired 30/04/08. The BFG office was and still is closed, am i still legal to drive my car? After all it is only equivalent to my log book in the UK so therefore I would be legal.

B

Biscuits_AB

Best cover your arrse mate and pop into your local RMP shop. I wouldn't trust the information you get on this forum.

hullboy said:
Hi, Just after advice really please guys. If I was in the UK, my car had a valid MOT, insurance and road tax, Iwould be legal to drive. However, I am in Germany, my car has been BFG inspected and passed (renewal, not initial, i have proof of test and emmisions etc), my insurance has also been renewed, and I have valid tax. The only thing is that my fuel card/registration date has expired 30/04/08. The BFG office was and still is closed, am i still legal to drive my car? After all it is only equivalent to my log book in the UK so therefore I would be legal.
Contrary to buiscuits, your BFG registration card, BFG 74, is not only the equivelent of your UK V5, if it has expired so has your 'free' BFG vehicle excise licence (Tax Disc). If you drive this vehicle you are committing an offence contrary to SO (BAGS). Standing Orders, British Army Germany. If you get caught driving the motor, your insurance may also be invalid especially if you are in an accident, (As they are in the business of making money), you could be stuck on. In my last Germany posting (2004), it usually averaged a £400 fine.

Remember the crime is getting caught.

Just don't do it in JHQ.....

heidtheba said:
nottyash said:
Muffin_Kicker said:

Why, just curious?
Because they are too lazy to leave camp :wink:
Hello mate how's things. Oh and excuse me, I was that monkey, and I was like a proverbial shark in my shiny new Senator (circa 93-95). If it moved pull it. Nowheredays they are that bogged down in paperwork and deployments, they would be lucky to get in a car, let alone start the engine. They are alsothat thin on the ground and lack backup, they rarely say boo to a goose.

nottyash said:
heidtheba said:
nottyash said:
Muffin_Kicker said:

Why, just curious?
Hello mate how's things. Oh and excuse me, I was that monkey, and I was like a proverbial shark in my shiny new Senator (circa 93-95). If it moved pull it. Nowheredays they are that bogged down in paperwork and deployments, they would be lucky to get in a car, let alone start the engine. They are alsothat thin on the ground and lack backup, they rarely say boo to a goose.
Not bad mate. Seriously, they are probably too busy dealing with all the fcukwit chav mongs that is Elmpt Station,(RAF Bruggen). :wink:

Senator? Is that not an American t**t? :D

heidtheba said:
nottyash said:
heidtheba said:
nottyash said:
Muffin_Kicker said:

Why, just curious?
Not bad mate. Seriously, they are probably too busy dealing with all the fcukwit chav mongs that is Elmpt Station,(RAF Bruggen). :wink:

They, 101 have just returned from the Stan, so are probably enjoying downing tools. Chav's in Elmpt Station. Never.

nottyash said:
heidtheba said:
nottyash said:
heidtheba said:
nottyash said:
Muffin_Kicker said:

Why, just curious?

They, 101 have just returned from the Stan, so are probably enjoying downing tools. Chav's in Elmpt Station. Never.[/quote]

Yeah dog, hope u aint dissin us :wink:

heidtheba said:
nottyash said:
heidtheba said:
nottyash said:
heidtheba said:
nottyash said:
Muffin_Kicker said:

Why, just curious?

They, 101 have just returned from the Stan, so are probably enjoying downing tools. Chav's in Elmpt Station. Never.[/quote]

Yeah dog, hope u aint dissin us :wink:
No, in them days it was RAF.

hullboy said:
............. my car has been BFG inspected and passed (renewal, not initial, i have proof of test and emmisions etc), my insurance has also been renewed, and I have valid tax.
Well mate, if the Monkeys reported you for a slight admin error then they have changed, there was a time when a RMP NCO would warn you for such an oversight !!! And this quote you always here...'well if its not registered the insurance won't be valid' is just made up by people who listen too much to urban myths and can't be bothered to learn the law they apparently enforce.

Daytona, that is not correct.

If you read many insurance policies you find that they will not cover you if the vehicle should not have been on the road, they are a business and that is that!

No tax - not insured
No MOT not insured
Not road worthy - not insured
Not on a council adopted road when some one rams you - not insured (personal experience of this one)!
Not spcified business travel - not insured

This list, I am sure can be added to.

If you contravine your insurance requirements you effectively render the car uninsured, technically is that not a crime?

Muffin kicker is correct though, the crime is getting caught, remember though even if you dodge the police an insurance loss adjuster/investigator (if you are claiming) can also nobble you.

Doc

doc53 said:

If you read many insurance policies you find that they will not cover you if the vehicle should not have been on the road, they are a business and that is that!

No tax - not insured
No MOT not insured
Not on a council adopted road when some one rams you - not insured (personal experience of this one)!

If you contravine your insurance requirements you effectively render the car uninsured, technically is that not a crime?

Muffin kicker is correct though, the crime is getting caught, remember though even if you dodge the police an insurance loss adjuster/investigator (if you are claiming) can also nobble you.

Doc
WRONG

The crime is not getting caught. Its not a game FFS!

If your children were crippled for life by some tosser who thinks he is just dodging the police, and you have to spend the rest of your life wiping the saliva from your front window while they endure a life of torment watching the world go by in their cabbaged state and unable to afford any quality of life for them because the insurance didn't pay out, would you say that he should be charged with just getting caught?

Muppet!

doc53 said:
No tax - not insured - I think you will find this serves no legal purpose in Germany and is to ensure the vehicle is 'taxed' when back in UK on periods of leave/course etc.
No MOT not insured - BFG Road-Worthiness Inspection serves in lieu.Not road worthy - not insured - See above!Not on a council adopted road when some one rams you - not insured (personal experience of this one)! - The poster who initially asked the question is driving in BFG not UK! The criteria is therefore full insurance cover with Euro 'Green Card.

Provided all of the above are met and your Fuel Card is the only thing out of date, I don't think 'the authorities' would get too exited/ However, the reason for it being out of date would have to be acceptable (BFG Office closed for block leave, you are in UK on long course, Ops etc) - the sorry "I forgot" or "couldn't be arssed" approach may not be way to approach this!

If in doubt, speak to you Unit BFG Officer or ring BFG VLO!

feckemall said:
doc53 said:

No tax - not insured
No MOT not insured

Doc
WRONG

The crime is not getting caught. Its not a game FFS!

If your children were crippled for life by some tosser who thinks he is just dodging the police, and you have to spend the rest of your life wiping the saliva from your front window while they endure a life of torment watching the world go by in their cabbaged state and unable to afford any quality of life for them because the insurance didn't pay out, would you say that he should be charged with just getting caught?

Muppet!
Remember, its not only non BFG registered people who drive on the roads....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BFG 9000 The Intelligence Cell 5
laptop_kid Charities and Welfare 23
opswalla Aviation 22