BFG Fencing Clubs

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by hotshot85, Jun 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know of any? Having done a few arrse and google searches for it I can only come up with a few down near stuttgart. Not something I've tried but fancied giving it a go.
  2. I fenced regularly in the 80's,and I seem to remember a civvy club in Herford,and one just outside Osnatraz,your best bet is to get your PTI to do a bit of phoning for you,there's a Army Fencing Association,unless it's been 'stabbed'by the cuts. 8)

It's a great sport for old and young,it's a bit like 3 dimensional chess,and great for fitness,you don't get fat good fencers.

I'm in my 60's and can regularly beat youngsters a third my age,one of the sports where age and guile really can beat fitness and youth. ;-)
  3. Cheers, yes, I tried having a word with the duty PTI at the gym this evening; he had no idea what fencing was! I'll give DII a good searching tomorrow but cheers for the heads up on the army association.