BFG - Car insurance

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Praetor, Mar 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm newly posted to Germany, and have taken my car over with me. My insurance runs out at the end of this month, and I need to re-insure it in Germany, and then register it with BFG...

Please could someone recommend a decent insurance broker or company that deals with BFG ?

Thanks in advance

2. How many 'Yellow Handbags' can you get in your Car?

3. What do you mean? At the risk of sounding more like an idiot than usual, what's a 'yellow handbag'?

4. Forget I asked, just found out :) Not to many, its a mini, but enough.. :)

5. Try calling Astrid at Culpeck Insurance at JHQ Rheindahlen. I've insured both my cars and bike with her and the policy is with AXA. Its slightly more expensive than UK. Her number is 02161 550 473 or try jhq@culpeck.com

Hope it helps

6. A Mini - are you the Hairdressing Corps ?

7. Depending where you are going, O'Girks is ussually the most convienent (offices on camp) but there are cheaper if you are willing to shop around.

8. Thank you very much, that certainly does help!

9. Thanks for the advice - I went to them, and they were ridiculously expensive, so I'm going to try go with what Trax2go suggested, but if I don't get any joy there, I'll go back to O'Girks.

I can't believe it's cheaper to insure your vehicle if you register your girlfriend on the policy....

10. Check any no claims will still exist when you go back home. I kept my AA insurance at an extra cost but it saved loads later.

11. TF Insurance. I used them for about 6 years, very good.

12. Aye TF were good when I was last in BFG.

13. When I was in Germany I was insured through LV, they have a dedicated German line 00441202 879021 for BFG personnel.

14. if you give your girlfriends details on here that can be improved further!.

15. ROFL