BFBS RADIO ON-AIR ACROSS GREAT BRITAIN

Can I get it through my freeview box?

BFBS

Old-Salt
Jimima_Shark said:
Jacob1650 said:
Can I get it through my freeview box?

Jacob, I don't think you can, hopefully if the Sky Channel 0211 and DAB Radio are a success they will extend it to freeview. :?

With the Sky platform and DAB, I'm not sure it would every be considered cost-effective to be on Freeview as well. And I think competition for places on Freeview is fairly fierce.

As we are aimed at a fairly niche UK audience who are either serving or ex-Forces, or those who want to keep in touch with family and friends in the Forces overseas, rather than the entire UK audience, I think that could be considered over-kill.

I should reiterate, too, perhaps, that this is a trial on DAB. There are no guarantees that it will be become permanent, though we dearly hope so to close the circle of connectivity.

BFBS

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
BFBS said:
I wouldn't dream of asking you exactly how 'grown-up' you are (!) but the service is aimed at the majority serving 18-35 age group; those over that age tend to prefer BFBS Radio 2 which sadly isn't available in the UK. Thanks for giving it a listen though - if you persevere you may find the shows which appeal more to you.

BFBS

Sad day - I'm 'too old for BFBS'. I'll keep trying though, as it is the number 1 preset on both the DAB radios in the house.

I am glad it's on; it can only do good for the forces' image amongst the target audience.

Sympathetic_Reaction

LE
Book Reviewer
right pain, can't get DAB reception at work and the website is blocked...typical...I'll have to stick to 'REAL FM' which gets forcebly fired at us during the day to keep us awake.

S_R

BFBS

Old-Salt
BFBS Radio 2 not likely to be on in the UK, at least in its present incarnation, due to the content we use from the BBC, such as the Today programme, sport from 5 Live etc.

The_Majors_Son

Old-Salt
After reading all this good stuff about BFBS coming onto Digital, what should arrive on my desk today...
A sodding great file full of work to make BFBS permanent (potentially) on D1. aarrrgghhhhh. Who decides if you stay on the Mux after 3 months Gcap?

mukhabarat2003

War Hero
BFBS said:
BFBS Radio 2 not likely to be on in the UK, at least in its present incarnation, due to the content we use from the BBC, such as the Today programme, sport from 5 Live etc.

No worry, the programming is still good. Thanks for reply.

BFBS

Old-Salt
Thanks - tell all your friends! And don't forget to catch the BFBS Radio 2 programme Sitrep on Thursday in Simon Guettier's show.

BFBS

Latest Threads