BFAS

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by noliveroundsemptycasespr, Aug 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A Question?? What kind of BFA's are used in war films,Band of brothers etc,i haven't got a clue but it looks bloody realistic,thanks, :sleepy: :D

2. Well some one must know?? 8O

3. Well I'm no expert, but on the basis that I've never seen a BFA in a film it would suggest to me that they don't use BFA's in films.

4. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

They don't. It would detract from the realism of what they would be intending to portray.

5. They use real live rounds - shocking yes I agree! :wink:

6. Whilst not being anything near an expert/spotter (honest!), I believe there is a device fitted within the barrel. You can sometimes see it if the muzzle is pointing towards the camera, looks like a small tube. However I have only seen this on assault rifles/MGs, pistols may be different.

Q.

7. Pretty much correct.

The muzzle is threaded to take a screw in plug that has a small hole through it. This increases the back pressure sufficiently to operate the gas system while allowing some flash to come through and remaining unobtrusive. Film effects company sometimes use specially manufactured blank that generates more flash than normal just for effect.

This system also works with blowback weapons.

8. They use replica model blank firing weapons in films. you can purchase them from the internet. mostly made in Japan. full size full weight. Fully stripable. identical to the real thing. Fire 8 or 9 mm blank

Check out www.modelguns-worldwide.com

they have some vids too

Prices are from £250

9. he is right you know, ask brandon Lee, well maybe not.

10. What are replicas for...................?

11. Posing for photos like this...

[​IMG]