BFA?

$_57.JPG

How does this BFA differ from a standard one?* And why would you need a different BFA if a UGL is fitted on your weapon?

And should this be on sale on ebay?

*Don't reply 'because it says UGL and not IW on it'

Last edited:

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
the pic is there, it's just taken ages to show on my pc

Had some bother with the pic format.Sorted now but I still can't post the ebay link.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
odd, I can't get the link to work either, it's item 20f4340873 on ebay. description is

"
A British army SA80 blank firing attachment with UGL

In good used condition
"

ironr4tions

Old-Salt
It probably shouldn't be for sale, given the number of posters the MOD has put out recently. If I recall correctly there are versions to fit the LSW (do they even exist anymore) the rifle and the UGL due to clearance issues.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Whats the price on ebay?
I need to work out whether its worth it to nick a crate of them

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Whats the price on ebay?
I need to work out whether its worth it to nick a crate of them

£24.95 on buy it now, free postage

It probably shouldn't be for sale, given the number of posters the MOD has put out recently. If I recall correctly there are versions to fit the LSW (do they even exist anymore) the rifle and the UGL due to clearance issues.

I don't remember an LSW version?

£24.95 on buy it now, free postage

In that case it looks likes the QM will have to dig out the write off paperwork when the next consignment mysteriously goes missing.
Although I have to ask, who the **** buys these things?

In that case it looks likes the QM will have to dig out the write off paperwork when the next consignment mysteriously goes missing.
Although I have to ask, who the **** buys these things?

People who've lost theirs, most probably.

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
How does this BFA differ from a standard one? And why would you need a different BFA if a UGL is fitted on your weapon?

Further to Alan Partridge's post; from the PAM
The tube is a bullet trap designed to capture up to three live rounds accidentally fired through the Rifle/Carbine/LSW. There are different tubes for the Rifle, Carbine and LSW. There are four different BFAs. They are marked on the bullet trap with the appropriate weapon type. The correct BFA must be used or stoppages will occur.

There are 4 - Rifle, LSW, UGL and Carbine versions. They're listed in Pam 5, I think.

You wouldn't happen to have a picture?

I can't for the life of me remember the damned thing.

I don't remember an LSW version?
It exists. The flash hider on the LSW is a different shape. Hence its own BFA.

But is the flash hider on an IW different because it has a UGL fitted?

It exists. The flash hider on the LSW is a different shape. Hence its own BFA.

But is the flash hider on an IW different because it has a UGL fitted?

I'm not saying it doesn't - I just don't remember it. You know - once you get one of those little niggles in your head........I MUST have used one because I had an LSW in Canada and you use it for the TESEX with OPFOR, don't you? The laser kit.

And now I've wasted a load of time scouring the internet for something that's irrelevant, really because I shan't be using one again.

MacStab2

War Hero
The end of the UGL covers the lower part of the flash eliminator, so they standard BFA like the one in the picture is to wide at the flared part to fit. There was talk about a slim line BFA that would fit so you could carry a UGL on the weapon and still fit a BFA for blank firing.
I don't recall there being a blank round for the UGL so how pished off would you be lugging it about for two weeks and not firing it?

Latest Threads