LE
Messerschmitt Bf 109G2Trop 4.JG53 Sicily September 1942.jpg
Messerschmitt Bf 109G2Trop 6.JG53 (Y6+-) Sicily 1943.jpg
Messerschmitt Bf 109G2Trop 6.JG53 (Y6+-) Sicily 1943-1.jpg
Messerschmitt Bf 109G6R3 7.JG53 (W9+I) Georg Amon WNr 18107 Sicily Jun 1943.jpg

daz

LE
oops.jpg

Go to Britmodeller peoples latest builds to see, it's a Eduard Bf 109 G14 made by a guy from France goes by the Handle @cger.
Absolutely stunning.

Someone will correct me, but didn't the Germans drop the Bf designation and just call them all Me, in honour of Willie Messischmitt.

daz

LE
Go to Britmodeller peoples latest builds to see, it's a Eduard Bf 109 G14 made by a guy from France goes by the Handle @cger.
Absolutely stunning.

Someone will correct me, but didn't the Germans drop the Bf designation and just call them all Me, in honour of Willie Messischmitt.
Thread BF 109 G-14 Eduard 1/48

daz

LE
Absolutely stunning.

No is the short answer, long answer is the Willi brought BFW the company in July 1938, shortly thereafter it was decreed that "all" Messerschmitt aircraft "should" carry the "Me" designation ....which, in the main, got a stiff ignoring, even up to the K series the makers plates were still stamped "Bf" and official documents from everybody involved used whatever tag the author saw fit to use, it was not uncommon for both to be used in the same page

Latest Threads