Builds Bf 109 G-6 1/32 scale Revell

the cockpit part assembled with masking tape, quite a good fit, but as Daz mentioned, a simplified internal layout, most of which will be hidden by the pilot, when he arrives.
View attachment 582756
@Daz will confirm but the Bf 109 was pretty unique among WW2 fighters, in that was equipped with de Havilland slots. These would automatically pop out during slow and tight combat manoeuvres.
Just wondered if you were thinking of adding them, to add interest.?

exspy

LE
the tail behind the cockpit is the only void, where the metal bar will go. The wing is too compartmentalized.

metal bar bent to shape to act as a support to hold the model up off the ground, I used two part epoxy resin glue, for an extra strong bond.

I'm afraid you lost me with this. Why do you need a metal bar in the fuselage and how does it keep the model off the ground?

I'm afraid you lost me with this. Why do you need a metal bar in the fuselage and how does it keep the model off the ground?
2ponx9u.jpg

it'll be a Gerry version of this.

@Daz will confirm but the Bf 109 was pretty unique among WW2 fighters, in that was equipped with de Havilland slots. These would automatically pop out during slow and tight combat manoeuvres.
Just wondered if you were thinking of adding them, to add interest.?
De havilland slats, the cheeky buggers, I bet Olivia and Co would have liked to sue for breach of copyright, but how does one sue Adolf and his Armies of Darkness. I'll look into it though Rob.

The pilot has arrived, at last. look at the size difference with the pilot against the Cuirassier, he looks more like 1/48th, so long as he fits into the cockpit, I'll not complain. Better rip out the kit bucket seat first.
scale cmparison a.jpg

Last edited:
impressive detail in the pilots clothing and equipment, he's molded into that seat, so the kit one is the easiest option to remove.
scale cmparison b.jpg

impressive detail in the pilots clothing and equipment, he's molded into that seat, so the kit one is the easiest option to remove.
View attachment 584430

The amount of detail you can get on resin castings these days is astonishing. The chap who manufactures my 1/144 scale armour uses a high quality resin and pressure chambers for the actual casting. The increased pressure collapses any bubbles in the resin giving a superb finish. The days of the bubbly or pitted, hand poured casts are no longer acceptable.

De havilland slats, the cheeky buggers, I bet Olivia and Co would have liked to sue for breach of copyright, but how does one sue Adolf and his Armies of Darkness. I'll look into it though Rob.

The pilot has arrived, at last. look at the size difference with the pilot against the Cuirassier, he looks more like 1/48th, so long as he fits into the cockpit, I'll not complain. Better rip out the kit bucket seat first.
View attachment 584407
German firms were using slots and slats well before WW 2.

Daz

LE
the cockpit part assembled with masking tape, quite a good fit, but as Daz mentioned, a simplified internal layout, most of which will be hidden by the pilot, when he arrives.
View attachment 582756
Would now be a bad time to point out the section of the fuel pipe (the one in yellow) is supposed to be clear between the two connecting joints, it's so the fuel in the line can be visible checked

Daz

LE

View attachment 584407
the Cuirassier is closer to the old Historex scale of 1/30 rather than 54mm -1/32

the Cuirassier is closer to the old Historex scale of 1/30 rather than 54mm -1/32
I suppose Airfix when we’re looking at designing this series of Napoleonic figures, they must have given Historex figures a good looking at. It was around that time Historex were the Napoleonic masters of detail.

here he is, cut out of his resin blocks, assembled and trial fitted into the cockpit, a good fit too. Time now to take him out again and spray him in grey primer paint ready for some detail painting.
pilot cut out and assembled , trial fitted.jpg

NSP

LE
here he is, cut out of his resin blocks, assembled and trial fitted into the cockpit, a good fit too. Time now to take him out again and spray him in grey primer paint ready for some detail painting.
View attachment 584550
Right, now I'm proper confused. What's the purpose of the donkey-walloper in the earlier photos? I got the impression that it was your alternative pilot figure (or base thereof)...?

the fuselage halves joined up encompassing the cockpit tub.
fuselage halves joined together.jpg

the nose panels fit up ok. The pilot needs a cushion.
fitting out the nose panels.jpg

Latest Threads