Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Beyond Scared Straight

I think 'a nightmare' is a bit dramatic, for some lad barely out of his teens getting trollied and having a scrap? Or some tool robbing a couple of jars of coffee to flog for a bit of gear? Hardly the Brinks Matt mob!

A regimented and disciplined routine with the onus being on trying to reduce reoffending by using the period of sentence to train/develop is the way ahead for low Cat.

they should have them doing the overnight road maintenance stuff and things that are needed like sorting reservoir catchment system clearance.

usefull stuff. mine clearance in the FI for example dog em up with a spade then smash with a hammer to render useless

Load of bollocks, heard it a thousand times. I've been inside Pentonville and it's shit.

Saw a documentary about life in a high security prison in the UK and it was more like a boarding school. They were paid, they could get radios, tvs and playstations, they got to do courses and one bloke even got married (his wife to be coming in to the prison and having a service etc). To me that is not something to be deterred from (probably quite attractive to some), it certainly wasn't shit, which it should be.

Beyond Scared Straight - Episodes, Video & Schedule - aetv.com

Anybody seen this docu series? About various bunches of American scrotes taken on a day trip to a proper working jail to meet proper hard men and women. They've never been locked up yet, but are often heading that way, hanging with the wrong crowd. Young, dumb and full of cum, their attitudes soon get adjusted when they are beasted by the screws and cons, or when Bubba pushes them against a wall and tells them "You gonna be my bitch, boy!"

It's a shame the UK doens't run similar programmes. I daresay Charlie Brosnon, Kenny Noye etc would have a field day.

They do.
I have given the tour to many a young scrote, at least before i retired. Some kids get scared while others see it as a right of passage. Some of the cons do a good job of scaring wanna be gangstas away though.
The problem we have is the fact we see being in prison as the punishment, while the americans see the prison as the place to punish the prisoners.

... .... .. -

They do.
I have given the tour to many a young scrote, at least before i retired. Some kids get scared while others see it as a right of passage. Some of the cons do a good job of scaring wanna be gangstas away though.
The problem we have is the fact we see being in prison as the punishment, while the americans see the prison as the place to punish the prisoners.

... .... .. -

Tut Tut Tut. You said punishment. You should know that is not allowed anymore.

We do not punish prisoners, that is not what prision is for. Go and stand on the naughty step and think about what you have done.

Prison is a place to keep people so that they can be rehabilitated and educated.

Punishment! How Victorian..