Beware.....

... the roadworks on the A303 just before/after Winterbourne Stoke. I got snapped there earlier this year by a concealed camera and picked up 6 penalty points, a £350 fine and a nice set of photos of my car.

Well, the roadworks are back again and there are two cameras (now visible) on each side and the limit is 40 (even if there is no other traffic around and no one actually working on the road....).

they do it all the time all over the Country , the M6 thelwall viaduct has SPECs camera measuring your average speed over a distance , beware!.

commiseration on your fine and points FS thats your xmas money fcuked

Forces_Sweetheart said:
... the roadworks on the A303 just before/after Winterbourne Stoke. I got snapped there earlier this year by a concealed camera and picked up 6 penalty points, a £350 fine and a nice set of photos of my car.

Well, the roadworks are back again and there are two cameras (now visible) on each side and the limit is 40 (even if there is no other traffic around and no one actually working on the road....).
Much appreciated, i'll be passing there on friday night. I would probably have done so at around a ton. Thanks mate,

Boney

After Damsgardfjelletunnelen leaving Bergen heading to Fylingsdalen theres a camera just after the roundabout its a 50kmh area, be aware people. :wink: :D

semper said:
they do it all the time all over the Country , the M6 thelwall viaduct has SPECs camera measuring your average speed over a distance , beware!.

commiseration on your fine and points FS thats your xmas money fcuked
They are popping up all over Northants too, secret is to speed like feck for 3/4 of a mile then stop and wait before you reach the next camera so your speed averages out!

SKJOLD said:
After Damsgardfjelletunnelen leaving Bergen heading to Fylingsdalen theres a camera just after the roundabout its a 50kmh area, be aware people. :wink: :D
Has it caught Santa on his sled yet?

Or even better a Lapp/Sami out of his head on that loopy stuff they take?
:)

No sympathy. If you can't read road signs, then you shouldn't be driving :evil:

msr

SKJOLD said:
A13 Den Haag to Rotterdam - 80km/h limit now in places (50mph on a motorway - phuleeeease!), and it's got those nasty number plate reading time-between-two-points thingymajiggies. At night you can see the purple flashes on the other carriageway detecting the ganja smoke coming out your car windows :twisted: oh, wait, reading your number plate...

Has anybody noticed that peoples driving actually gets worse in one of those "average speed" traps? While trying to keep on eye on the speedo you miss a hell of a lot.

Bladensburg said:
Has anybody noticed that peoples driving actually gets worse in one of those "average speed" traps? While trying to keep on eye on the speedo you miss a hell of a lot.
Oh, come on! Surely you wouldn't want something as petty as "road safety" get in the way of raising "vehicle constabulary tax" with the use of "safety cameras"? :twisted:

semper said:
If they want to catch anyone speeding on the Thelwell Viaduct they beter reduce the speed limit to 10mph!! :wink:

In Melbourne, Australia a whole freeway (motorway)'s worth of fixed speed cameras were found to be faulty resulting in million of refunded fines and a lot of up-coming court action where people lost jobs because of lost licences. The really interesting thing is that road deaths have dropped considerably in the time the cameras have been switched off but state revenue is seriously out of pocket. Remind me, what was the aim?

i dont drive slowly just to keep within the law (which is an ass) i deliberatly drive slowly in front of speed cameras in order to deprive the Govt of my £60 ! everybody should do it in order to deprivethe govt of millions of pounds of exhortion money :twisted:

After Damsgardfjelletunnelen leaving Bergen heading to Fylingsdalen theres a camera just after the roundabout its a 50kmh area, be aware people.
Yeah, There's now 3 boxes in Ramfjord on the E8 outside Tromsø. Got snapped doing 76 in a 60 there about 4 years ago and paid NOK 1900 for the privilege. :evil:

Anyway, back to blighty. I'm likely coming over for my summer hols next year. Going to 'do' England, visit mates and show the missus the country.

Is it really that bad these days??? can i no longer do a ton on the motorways without a reasonable chance of not getting spotted by plod and his evil camera boxes?? :(

Forces_Sweetheart said:
Not looking for sympathy and not proud of my driving record. Merely wanted to alert people to the restrictions.
FS, you should therefore have just warned about the camera, not spell out your fine and points. You must have been doing a fair whack to get a fine like that instead of the standard 60 quid. I'm intrigued. How fast was you going on the A road?

Cdo Gunner said:
Yeah, There's now 3 boxes in Ramfjord on the E8 outside Tromsø. Got snapped doing 76 in a 60 there about 4 years ago and paid NOK 1900 for the privilege.
£150 (ish) OUCH!

Theres two in Fløyfjelltunnelen heading towards Åsane, you cant see them in the twilight, feckers.

What is the score with foreign plates in the UK? Is it cheap to pretend to be a foreign national (as long as its not french)if you get pulled over.

Ah yes the A303 - 'gateway to DLO'. Luckily not been in the position of being caught breaking the limit (although its not normally something I do) but believe that its notorious for speeding, especially from the M4 end, and one of the busiest roads in Wilts - probably why they introduced speed cameras on there.

Also known for accidents I'm told (not seen any myself) - including the one below:
Appeal 3 - Harry Simcox Hit and Run

On Tuesday 31st August 2004, ten year-old Harry Simcox was killed in a fail to stop collision on the Westbound A303 at Cholderton near Thruxton, on the Hampshire/Wiltshire border.

Just before 2pm his father's car, a silver V registration Peugeot 306 was travelling in lane two of the carriageway when it was struck by a lorry as it pulled out behind the car. The collision caused the car to spin across lane one and into the lay-by where it struck a stationery yellow low loader lorry.

The lorry which pulled out behind the car failed to stop at the scene of the collision. It is believed that it turned off the A303 at the A338 turning.

The lorry is described by some witnesses as having a white cab with blue box-type sides. It is not clear if had rigid or curtain sides. Some witnesses have said that at the back of the lorry there was a white plate (with a red border) with the words, in black letters: AL•LLEN. Police want to stress that this may or may not have been on the lorry involved.

Harry sustained serious injuries and was taken to a nearby hospital where he later died. His father Paul is still suffering from the injuries he sustained in the accident.
I personally don't agree with the positioning of all cameras, but I hope the ones on the A303 would prevent other drivers creating incidents like this one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rumrunner The Intelligence Cell 5
R The Intelligence Cell 20
Baghdad-Brit Finance, Property, Law 3