Beware ordering from Milletts

Has the Famous Army stores closed down?
You old folk shop in surprising places. Hope you’ve your Damart order in before the first snow.
It's going to snow????

Why haven't we been told? What is the government doing about it?

I don’t need no stinkin’ socks.

I've always smiled at lifetime guarantees. You buy it, two years later it dies, then when you approach the the manufacturer they say " It's died, therefore it's out of it's lifetime". Happened to me with a Leatherman. B'stards.
Sent my 15yr old Wave back to Whitby knife co. per advice from the leatherman site, within a couple of weeks a new updated tool arrived in the post.
Knives | Product Type | Whitby and Co (UK) Ltd

To the OP, you could have tried Mountain Warehouse. They're doing a half price deal on Merino socks.
Whew! Breath of relief. Some very good prices but they don't seem to have the stuff I was after.

I ended up ordering from Cotswold Outdoors. £30 for a larger order, half of which has arrived, the other half is delayed. They were doing a moderate sale price and twofers.

Did you have to prove when you bought it?
No. I got the original in Canada, but they didn’t ask. The Wave hadn’t been out 25yrs at the time so no doubt about it still being in warranty.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I've always smiled at lifetime guarantees. You buy it, two years later it dies, then when you approach the the manufacturer they say " It's died, therefore it's out of it's lifetime". Happened to me with a Leatherman. B'stards.
Then as others have intimated it's the retailer not the company.
Met Tim Leatherman and amongst other questions asked him about the change from lifetime to twenty-five years. He said it was a legal thing in some jurisdictions, but he'd repair or replace any Leatherman tool regardless of age anyway.

Approach the company directly and they'll tell you which retailer to contact.
And it'll probably be Whitby.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I'm not sure you get a prossie for 6 pairs of socks...
You want us to believe you've never been to Africa or the Far East ?

ugly

LE
Met Tim Leatherman and amongst other questions asked him about the change from lifetime to twenty-five years. He said it was a legal thing in some jurisdictions, but he'd repair or replace any Leatherman tool regardless of age anyway.

The cousins do believe in manufacturers warranty, most will apply a credit note to the retailers account on receipt of a photo of the damaged article, retailer then replaces item from stock provided they still have an account!

Awol

LE

Thanks, I'll try again. Being in France, I contacted the nearest LM repair centre, which was in Belgium. They told me it was 'probably' not going to qualify for free repair/replacement because it was too old (15 years old). Maybe I just got the wrong bloke on the phone.

Edit....... I know I bought it online, but I don't have a scooby who I bought it from.

socialdespatch

War Hero
Leatherman used to be sold with a lifetime guarantee, nowadays they state 25 years. Whom did you approach with the problem?
The official Leatherman importer in Israel always either repairs or replaces (which frequently means getting a more modern, better, factory refurbished model). They do that because the Leatherman company in USA gives full backing to its guarantees.
I know this through 15 years of managing a "fleet" of Leatherman (amongst other) tools, Maglite and Ledlenser (all imported by the same company here).
My original Wave was replaced under the 25 year warranty with no questions when I destroyed it. That was through the UK distributor, Whitby.

The cousins do believe in manufacturers warranty, most will apply a credit note to the retailers account on receipt of a photo of the damaged article, retailer then replaces item from stock provided they still have an account!
Through work I know the owner of the official Iimporter of Leatherman in Israel. Through her work she knows Mr. Leatherman personally. She told me his attitude towards fulfilling the guarantee is impeccable and that as awareness spread that Leatherman also replace tools submitted for repair with an upgraded model, it's clear from the kind of "broken" tools being submitted that people are devising ways to take advantage of it.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
While we're on the subject of Leatherman tools, does anyone here have an early model before the screws had a toothed edge ?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Millets? Is that still a thing?

The clothes they sold in the 80s looked like something manufactured in a failed soviet state.
Get your beloved Corbyn and Abbott into power and the UK will look like one too.

Latest Threads