Beware ordering from Milletts

Milletts are currently advertising 15% "extra" discount but watch out for the exclusions - applying the discount code could cost you.

Example - I was about to order 6 pairs of socks, 2 each of 3 types, which are advertised in the current sale as "Buy one, get second pair half price".

The total order, including the cheapest delivery was £75.29. At least it was until I entered the 15% "extra" discount code. Then it became £80.85.

That's when I looked at the small print of the 15% "extra" discount. You can't have a multiple purchase discount as well as the 15%. And as it's the customer that elects whether to enter the 15% code, it's the customers own fault if the price is higher. (The BOGOHP code is entered automatically but cancels if you enter the 15% code).

Sod 'em. I'll be traipsing around Go Outdoors instead. It's cheaper anyway.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Has the Famous Army stores closed down?
You old folk shop in surprising places. Hope you’ve your Damart order in before the first snow.

Has the Famous Army stores closed down?
You old folk shop in surprising places. Hope you’ve your Damart order in before the first snow.
Damart? I think you'll find it's referred to as "base layer" now.

75 quid for six pairs of socks inc. delivery? Do you live on the moon?
The hiking socks one of my Septic mates has recommended are $22 a pair.
I don't see anything wrong with paying that sort of price if they're as good as people say, plus if you wear them out they'll send you another pair foc.

Awol

LE
The hiking socks one of my Septic mates has recommended are $22 a pair.
I don't see anything wrong with paying that sort of price if they're as good as people say, plus if you wear them out they'll send you another pair foc.
I've always smiled at lifetime guarantees. You buy it, two years later it dies, then when you approach the the manufacturer they say " It's died, therefore it's out of it's lifetime". Happened to me with a Leatherman. B'stards.

Millets? Is that still a thing?

The clothes they sold in the 80s looked like something manufactured in a failed soviet state.

I've always smiled at lifetime guarantees. You buy it, two years later it dies, then when you approach the the manufacturer they say " It's died, therefore it's out of it's lifetime". Happened to me with a Leatherman. B'stards.
Leatherman used to be sold with a lifetime guarantee, nowadays they state 25 years. Whom did you approach with the problem?
The official Leatherman importer in Israel always either repairs or replaces (which frequently means getting a more modern, better, factory refurbished model). They do that because the Leatherman company in USA gives full backing to its guarantees.
I know this through 15 years of managing a "fleet" of Leatherman (amongst other) tools, Maglite and Ledlenser (all imported by the same company here).

endure

GCM
Millets isn't unique in this. Most retailers won't let you combine multiple discount offers.

Milletts are currently advertising 15% "extra" discount but watch out for the exclusions - applying the discount code could cost you.
Sod 'em. I'll be traipsing around Go Outdoors instead. It's cheaper anyway.
Bought my gf a very nice gilet for about 16 quid in Millets online sale last year - they shipped it to Germany no issues. The label is Peter Storm, Millets own, which I always looked down on, but I have to admit the quality of this item is excellent.
As you point out, there tend to be various anomalies in the system and you just have to be careful and methodic when ordering. Bear in mind that Millets, Blacks and Ultimate Outdoors are the same ownership. Quite by chance yesterday, when trying to find reviews of a down gilet they have on sale, I found that Blacks have it on sale for 40 quid whereas Millets are advertisng it for 50.

https://www.blacks.co.uk/mens/076172-technicals-men-s-tech-down-gilet.html

https://www.millets.co.uk/new/076172-technicals-mens-down-gilet-grey.html

Last edited:
Millets isn't unique in this. Most retailers won't let you combine multiple discount offers.
That's correct; for example, Go Outdoors don't allow a Blue Light card discount to be combined with any other discount beyond the normal membership price.

That said, you can occasionally get lucky. I've just picked up a new 3-in-1 jacket from Cotswold Outdoor. It was already down to £120 from £150 and the Manager gave me the additional 10% Police discount on top because they had to order the item in from their London Covent Garden store and it would take a week to arrive (Cotswold's count both BF and IE as Police for discounting purposes). I got another £12 off, which was a bit of a deal as far as I was concerned.

Leatherman used to be sold with a lifetime guarantee, nowadays they state 25 years. Whom did you approach with the problem?
The official Leatherman importer in Israel always either repairs or replaces (which frequently means getting a more modern, better, factory refurbished model). They do that because the Leatherman company in USA gives full backing to its guarantees.
I know this through 15 years of managing a "fleet" of Leatherman (amongst other) tools, Maglite and Ledlenser (all imported by the same company here).
Tov Sababa

Halfords will. Saw a lovely 300 piece socket set in their professional range reduced to £200 then used my trade card to drop it to £125.

They're for the missus. I did the calculations and it's cheaper than a divorce.
A prostitute is cheap than getting married in the long term, enough of us make the mistake of getting married at some point though

endure

GCM
A prostitute is cheap than getting married in the long term, enough of us make the mistake of getting married at some point though

I'm not sure you get a prossie for 6 pairs of socks...

dwills

War Hero
Never seen a clause that lets you have multiple discounts on items....

Latest Threads