For Inspection Beware of this E-Bay seller

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I know we all use flea-bag for finding bargains and I thought I had found just such a one. Trading as "waynarche-74" this guy is offering 120mm figures for around £20! Should have known better. I bought a "Royal Marine, Falkland Island" and when it arrived, the SLR muzzle was broken off with no sign of it in the packaging. The finish on the model was absolutely abysmal: all air holes and flash! It looked as though it had just been tipped out of the mould. Despite commenting about this the feedback section, the trader made no attempt to message me to rectify the problem.

I decided to bite the bullet and ordered a "Kneeling Marine, firing his SLR". When this arrived, he wasn't a Marine, his cap badge depicted a Grenadier Guardsman, who as a unit, did not serve in the Falklands! The position he is holding the weapon could never be described as "firing"!Once again the finishing on this model was totally abysmal. The enclosed photos will show you the areas I had to fill to get rid of the air holes. I suspect that this trader is making his own moulds from existing models and then selling on as his own. I have alerted E-bay
IMG_20210515_145822.jpg

IMG_20210515_145846.jpg

IMG_20210515_145900.jpg
IMG_20210515_145908.jpg

The lighter, white areas show the filled required!

What would they typically cost in good order?

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Did you pay via PayPal?
Yes, and it is sorted now. I just thought I would share my misfortune so that others were not stung!

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'd say those are repops or possibly from a poor quality 3d print master.
Seems strange that he's suddenly appeared, selling poor quality at knock-down prices. His range seems to centre around RM and SAS generic figures.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I've also received a couple of snot-mail's from him asking why I'm giving him "negative" comment. My reply was along the veins of knowing the subject etc and I added some positive feedback. Apparently "THEY'RE SHITE" doesn't qualify as feedback. Who knew? It also attracted the attention of the flea-bay polizei, who have me a warning! Anyway, Mr Archer is not a happy bunny and is threatening legal action if I continue giving him "negatives". As I have no intention of buying anything from the idiot, there will be no need to give him anymore feedback! This fact has apparently slipped from his mind.

Daz

LE
His version of the French Grenadier of the Imperial Guard seems to be a ringer for the old Airfix kit