"BEWARE OF NEW CAR-JACKING SCAM - NOT A JOKE!

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Murielson, Dec 2, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "BEWARE OF NEW CAR-JACKING SCAM - NOT A JOKE!

This is from Greater Manchester Police.

Imagine you walk across a Car park, unlock your car and get inside. Then you lock all your doors,

Start the engine and shift into reverse. You look into the rear-view mirror to back out of your parking space and you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you unlock your doors and jump out of your car to remove the paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.

When you reach the back of your car, that is when the car-jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. Your engine would be running (Ladies would have their handbag in the car and maybe lots of expensive christmas shopping) and they practically mow you down as they speed off in your car. BE AWARE OF THIS AS IT IS HAPPENING NOW.

ACTION TO BE TAKEN: Just drive away and remove the paper from your window later and be thankful you read this notice. PLEASE inform all friends and family, especially women. A handbag contains all identification and you certainly do not want someone knowing your Home address, as they already have your keys!!"

Thank you for your co-operation

2. Thanks for the warning, but maybe if you reversed into a parking space you will prevent this in two ways. 1. by not presenting your rear window so easily you may not be targeted. 2. You won't look in your mirror as you won't have to reverse and you'll discover the offending piece of paper when you are out of the danger area.

You have of course provided me with another reason that vehicles should be reversed into parking places rather than just driven in..... I thank you.

3. Driving forwards into car parking spaces reduces the chances of your car being nicked. Reverse is in different places on each car and scrotes prefer to drive out over reversing.

4. This is a classic hoax/chain letter - been doing the rounds for years. Bit like the dial 9 and get linked to a premium rate number one.
    See:
    http://www.breakthechain.org
    and specifically:
    http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/rearwindow.html

5. Chain or not it let's folk know what scroats may be up to. If it makes one person think twice who sees a note on rear windscreen when reversing, that'll do for me.

May get get lucky and law abiding folk may manage to drive over thieving chav scum for a change.

6. Interesting scam. Bit like the one outside airports where they nick the car whilst people are getting their luggage out of the boot. I'm normally a RIF (Rear In First) but when I go shopping I'm a NIF (Nose in First) cos it's a nuisance transferring shopping from trolley into boot when the boot's at the far end. My motor's an auto so reverse is in same place as all auto's but I take the point Mr H.

Makes you want to set up a counter-scam and when they appear just beat the sh1te out of them and then drive the car over them.

Sad fact is, someone is buying the car, or its bits, from them.

7. This is a better one!

SAMPLE CHAIN LETTER TEXT

Ladies, please be careful! Brothers pass it on!

From the AP news wire.

Don't be surprised to see a naked woman walking out of a shopping mall restroom: The latest scam being perpetrated in our nations shopping malls is not the cost of gourmet ice cream cones or Harry Potter collectible figurines. With what is being called amazing regularity, victims of this new crime wave have been found walking out of shopping mall restrooms completely naked.

This has almost always been done by men to women, with a few exceptions. The way the scam works is, a man slips into a women's restroom and sneaks into a stall. He waits until there is only one woman in the restroom in a neighboring stall.

The criminal then stands on the toilet and points a hand gun into the next stall, demanding the woman's valuables. After getting her cash and jewelry, he demands that she remove all of her clothing and kick them out of the stall. The thief tosses the clothing into a shopping bag, hangs an out of order sign on the restroom door, and slips back into the mall.

The out of order sign ensures no one will soon come to the woman's rescue. It usually takes an hour or two for the woman to work up the nerve to leave the restroom in the nude, giving the criminal ample time to make his get away.

The woman is left naked and humiliated in a mall full of strangers. The best defense, say police, is to never go into a shopping mall restroom alone, as only women who are by themselves are targeted.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. This has so far been a nearly perfect crime, as none of the perpetrators have been caught. Don't let this happen to another woman.

END CHAIN LETTER TEXT

Dont Amercan malls have cleaners? Ours always seem to be there, Even Women in the Mens!

8. Ok, Manchester is in the UK...

... but does anyone in this country use this phrase? sounds a bit american no...?

Seems to be a common theme with these chain letters, written in one country, then edited slightly for another!!

For you amusement, here is one I recieved recently:

----------------------------
    PLEASE READ>>>>>>>

A woman at a nightclub on Saturday night was taken by 5 men, who according to hospital and police reports, gang raped her before dumping her. Unable to remember the events of the evening, tests later confirmed the repeat rapes along with traces of rohypnol in her blood.

Progesterex, that is essentially a small sterilization pill. The drug is now being used by rapists at parties to rape AND sterilize their victims. Progesterex is available to vets to sterilize large animals.

Rumour has it that the Progesterex is being used together with Rohypnol,the date rape drug. As with Rohypnol, all they have to do is drop it into the girl's drink. The girl can't remember a thing the next morning, of all that had taken place the night before.

Progesterex, which dissolves in drinks just as easily, is such that the victim doesn't conceive from the rape and the rapist needn't worry about having a paternity test identifying him months later. The drug's effects ARE NOT TEMPORARY - They are PERMANENT . Progesterex was designed to sterilize horses. Any female who takes it WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO CONCEIVE.

The weasels can get this drug from anyone who is in the vet school or any university. It's that easy, and Progesterex is about to break out big on uni campuses everywhere. Believe it or not, there are even sites on the internet telling people how to use it. Please forward this to everyone you know, especially girls. Be Careful when you're out and don't leave your drink unattended.
    ----------------------------

Kinda scary, but unlikely enough to have made me double check, before locking myself away and never going out again!!

xx
    W

9. Too slow, just too slow...

10. HLS

HLS Old-Salt

hhmmmm.........all this talk about whether to drive in or reverse in reminds me of the time MDN loaded up the motor with stuff for a car boot sale. He reversed into his pitch and ended up selling the car engine..............honest :lol:

11. Swift and Bold, Swift and Bold.... or is it Swift and Bald? Slow and etc etc etc

12. Since when have women ever bothered to look in the rear view mirror when reversing anyway?!!! And any scallywag who's brave enough to be within 100 yards of my wife when she's conducting parking manoeuvres deserves to get away with the motor!!! :lol: :lol:
    Regards,
    M2