Beware customs con

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tropper66, Aug 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A new UK Customs con has just come to light, if you are cought coming into the country with any kind of counterfeit , they will not only impound it but you can be fined up to three times the value of the Origenal object, in the case of a knock off Rolex this could be tens of thousands of pounds, another government rip off, travellers beware

2. Another stupid 'rule' for the incoming government to cancel.

PS: At the same time they can split the Revenue from the Customs and Excise!

3. Dont buy fake goods then, you pikey barsteward.
    Get caught speeding, then expect a big feckoff fine.
    Get caught bringing counterfeit goods into the country because your a cheap pikey b´stard and cannot be bothered to buy the original. Feckin Pikey cnut.

SK

4. Bloke from 2nd Welsh told me about it at the March in town today,

5. well it must be true then!

6. 1. It' not the UK, it's France and Germany.

2. It's not three times the value, it's two times.

3. Stop listening to "Fat bloke in the pub" and try watching the news! :oops:

7. 4. Somebody should be shot for this.

8. Only if they get a letter first though :D

9. SOMEONE JUST BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN IS NOT A FAT BLOKE IN THE PUB CNUT

I just checked it out on the net and BBC

10. SOMEONE JUST BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN IS NOT A FAT BLOKE IN THE PUB CNUT

11. SOMEONE JUST BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN IS NOT A FAT BLOKE IN THE PUB CNUT

12. Boll'cks, am in HK with Mrs JPW for some pre-det leave.......should I ditch the genuinely authentic; joakleys, mock blanc pens and $50 'rolex'?

13. Tropper is perfectly correct:

Tourists warned over fake goods

Tropper, if you'd just provided the link.

14. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

A) It's not new.
    B) It's not a con
    C) Under CEMA 79 you can be done for the importation of what you believe to have been contraband (e.g. 1Kg of Cocaine) even if it turns out to be caster sugar.

Read PN1. Declare anything over your limit, and don't be stupid enough to smuggle goods into the UK. Penalty for contravening s170 CEMA 79 is 7 years imprisonment, or, an unlimited fine, or, both.

15. If I want to buy 'rook-a-like' watches or anything else, including clothing, then I bloody-well will.

This is probably another European Soviet Union directive being implemented stringently by Brown's 'jobsworth arrseholes'.

Good spot 'tropper66'.

Where did 'SKJOLD' come from? 'ashie' or 'parapuke's' Charm School?