Better to run in tracksuit or shorts and tee ??

Hi,

I passed pre-selection today, the thing is i only got 10:47 on my 1.5 run wearing shorts and 1 tee shirt, this is quite dissapointing to me as its not around my usual 9:00 mark, however i feel this may have been because i was not wearing much therefore was cold. Anyway just earlier i done a 3 mile run in three T-shirts and a tracksuit and finished in 23 minutes.

So in your experience is it better to wear shorts and tee or wrap up warm ??

I don't think it really matters what you wear when you run. In ta 1b training we always wore the issue pt shorts, the issue green/brown t shirt, issue wooly black socks and issue silver shadow trainers. I quess the regulars will be wearing the same throughout basic so run in t shirt and shorts?

h-bomb said:
I don't think it really matters what you wear when you run. In ta 1b training we always wore the issue pt shorts, the issue green/brown t shirt, issue wooly black socks and issue silver shadow trainers. I quess the regulars will be wearing the same throughout basic so run in t shirt and shorts?
thanks for the help, was your training in the middles of winter though ?? :?

i run in shorts and a t shirt and atm as its not as warm as it was i am wearing a jumper and haven't really noticed a different in my times but when i was at ADSC i done my 1.5 a min slower then when i was training at home but i don't the PT session they killed up on the evening before helped lol but not to worried cos i passed and am fitter then what i was a selection lol

Man up.

It shouldn't make a difference what you're wearing. If it's a PFT you're doing, there should be a warm-up run beforehand anyway.

If you're not sweating buckets at the end, regardless of the temperature, you're not trying hard enough!

Shortty said:
Do it drunk, then you won't feel the cold, or the pain..
Did that on a fam, i added about 45s to my time.

Anyway while training i just wear a thermoskin t-shirt and shorts. The cold is only a problem for about 5minutes for most people, and surely you get warm up time beforehand? Generally it doesn't affect my running times at all.
The only issues i have with the cold are that sometimes the cold air can burn your lungs haha.

Latest Threads