Bets on the US election?

Get your bets down for the US presidential election.

Nearest to the mark gets a chocolate frog and the envy of the forum.

Now just saying who is going to win is the easy bit.

To make it interesting you need to predict how many actual votes the winner will poll.

To give you a start point

Clinton in 1992 got 44,909,806
Bush(2) in 2000 got 50,456,002

So whats your call for this time round?

I never bet on a two horse race, my grandad was a racecourse steward and he said short fields and handicaps are all rigged!

I never bet on a two horse race, my grandad was a racecourse steward and he said short fields and handicaps are all rigged!
I did notice that Bush(2) in 2000 got 50,456,002 whereas Al Gore got 50,999,897 so just getting the most votes doesn't mean you are going to win.

So go on have a punt.

I did notice that Bush(2) in 2000 got 50,456,002 whereas Al Gore got 50,999,897 so just getting the most votes doesn't mean you are going to win.

So go on have a punt.
I wonder if the same thing happens this time,only with Obama being the one with the lower share of the popular vote, if the Republicans will whine as much as the Democrats did in 2000?

I wonder if the same thing happens this time,only with Obama being the one with the lower share of the popular vote, if the Republicans will whine as much as the Democrats did in 2000?
I have no doubt, that no matter who wins, there will be a substantial amount of whining and gnashing of teeth from the losing side. The Amurikans will elect who they deserve.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Obama by five electoral college votes.

Of course they will old fruit. They comprise a political party don't they?

I have no doubt, that no matter who wins, there will be a substantial amount of whining and gnashing of teeth from the losing side. The Amurikans will elect who they deserve.
My view exactly.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Have we found Shergar yet? Because if we have, Shergar would win a two horse race all day long.

So I vote for Shergar. Let's put a fucking horse in the White House.

If you don't want to vote for Ebony(ish) or Ivory, I believe there are some alternatives. As you are currently In Theatre can you point us toward the weirdest one whose progress (or not) we can follow during the long dark hours ahead.

Whoever wins the other side will claim it was rigged and the winner is Satan's little helper.

I predict an Amurikan will win. Unless it's Obama, in which case the Republicans will get the huff on and claim a Kenyan has won.

As for, "They'll get the government they deserve", they haven't been THAT big a bunch of cunts, have they? Poor bastards, they're going to get fucked over by whoever wins, just like us on this side of the pond.

Can you bet that the result will be incredibly close to a 50/50 split and that there will be weeks upon weeks of bitter debate and argument, accusations of corruption and a pile of shite from TV talking head types like Bill O'Reily?

will it make any difference?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nuttydriver The NAAFI Bar 15
1 Officers 23
blessed baby cakes Current Affairs, News and Analysis 2