Bets on the US election?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Steven, Nov 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Get your bets down for the US presidential election.

Nearest to the mark gets a chocolate frog and the envy of the forum.

Now just saying who is going to win is the easy bit.

To make it interesting you need to predict how many actual votes the winner will poll.

To give you a start point

Clinton in 1992 got 44,909,806
    Bush(2) in 2000 got 50,456,002

So whats your call for this time round?
  2. Obama - 65,374,394
  3. I never bet on a two horse race, my grandad was a racecourse steward and he said short fields and handicaps are all rigged!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I did notice that Bush(2) in 2000 got 50,456,002 whereas Al Gore got 50,999,897 so just getting the most votes doesn't mean you are going to win.

So go on have a punt.
  5. I wonder if the same thing happens this time,only with Obama being the one with the lower share of the popular vote, if the Republicans will whine as much as the Democrats did in 2000?
  6. I have no doubt, that no matter who wins, there will be a substantial amount of whining and gnashing of teeth from the losing side. The Amurikans will elect who they deserve.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Obama by five electoral college votes.
  8. I bet that whoever wins will be a cunt.
  9. Of course they will old fruit. They comprise a political party don't they?
  10. My view exactly.
  11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Have we found Shergar yet? Because if we have, Shergar would win a two horse race all day long.

So I vote for Shergar. Let's put a fucking horse in the White House.
  12. If you don't want to vote for Ebony(ish) or Ivory, I believe there are some alternatives. As you are currently In Theatre can you point us toward the weirdest one whose progress (or not) we can follow during the long dark hours ahead.
  13. You won't get anybody to give you odds on that one.
  14. Whoever wins the other side will claim it was rigged and the winner is Satan's little helper.