Betrayal of british Fighting Men and Women

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Zarathustra, Mar 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've had a look around and haven't seen any posts about this article, so here it is.

While waiting at a service station to pick up a mate on the Sunday shuffle back to Aldershot i was reading the Idependant on Sunday (not my usual read but the front page caught my eye), and saw this article:

Betrayal of British Fighting Men & Women

It's a long article so i've only posted a portion of it.

I'd like to think that a letter like this would help the cause and possibly if not change the governments stance on this then at least bring this problem to a wider audience, which might put pressure on the government to rectify the situation.

But a part of me thinks it's just a sly chance to have a dig at the governement on the 4th aniversary of the invasion of Iraq, or maybe i just see the bad side of everything.

Edited because i'm a quote mong
  2. It seems to me that the majorit of papers are having a pop at the government via the Armed Forces lately.
    As you say though, something tells me its just an excuse to have a go, rather than actually giving a damn about the state of the Armed Forces.
    I do hope im mistaken.
  3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

There is a tendency to think this is just the press bashing the government but at the end of the day it puts these issues on the agenda and that can only be a good thing.
  4. Of course it can only be a good thing, if applied in the right way.
    Lets look at the forces Housing fiasco a month or so ago.
    Headlines, loads or TV and Radio time for a week or so then.................................................................................
    what? whats happened? Where is the follow up?
    The press are a powerful medium, but when things are forgotten about after a week then opinions/policies wont change.
    It is up to the media to keep up the pressure, wether we like it or not, the great unwashed are near enough controlled by it.
    When topics are forgotten about after such a short time papers may aswell just have this as a headline everyday.

5. I also found this article on the SKy News site were the nurses at Selly Oak couldnt be bothered to cahnge a colostomy bag, so teh guys parents had to do it themselves, whats the betting if they had been caught they would got grief from the hospital.

Sky News