Beta site is carp

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Retd_crab, Jul 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I realise that time moves on........ Can we have a survey that simpletons like me can manage.

Is the new Beta site better or worse than the old one?

RC

2. My opinion.

Apart from a couple of issues already stated on other similar threads, I am getting to grips with it now and think it's better.

It is in beta mode, and do you really want to lose the site for a week before the proper alpha launch?

3. I blame Brown.

4. To be fair, I can see that it definately is different. I don't know where anything is, but am getting to grips with it. How has it improved? It just seems harder to navigate.

5. Definately miss "The Last 50" & "My Posts"

6. Me too. I relied on that to keep updated throughout the day.

7. The posts are too wide for my screen, and chat don't work. Nice colours though.

Beta site, Alpha site......WTF?

8. I don't particularly like it at present, but no doubt I will get used to it. I'm sure the last 50 will be back again once the CO's have been given time to sort it all out properly, from what I can gather they have done really well to get the site up and running so quickly after changing over.
    I'm a little bit baffled at this new friends notifications thing, but I guess the reason for it will be explained (if it hasn't already and I have missed it).

9. bring back , "last 50"

10. Cameron's fault.

11. Stop winging you prats..... It's getting better every hour.

Which shows you the work in progress. Quite frankly, the progress is, 10 times better than the cwunt who wrights the software I work with and have to show to paynig customers.

12. I'm not a fan of the new VB software, using it on a couple of other forums I'm a member of and found that the teething problems we're seeing with the 'beta' tended to exist in to the 'alpha' release of the others too.

Find it generally harder to navigate than the old stuff too despite being familiar with it already, and tbh on the other forums find it bland and generic looks wise. I just hope that the CO's have a proper skin lined up for the alpha release.

13. I find the pastel shades cosy and calming! I don,t think about hatchets and ball-pein hammers anymore.
    So well done everyone.

14. Last 50 and my posts a must, sorry guys, but this is unusable to me so am leaving for a while, tried it over two days and its a nightmare. Appreciate the efforts that have gone into it but it is beyond me. I will check in occassionally and continue to fund raise at the pub, hope to see some of you up there at the Richmond crawl next month.

Cheers,
    GW

15. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Yup - last 50 allowed me to find daft subjects that I probably wouldn't have found trying to go through all the forums. The "my posts" bit provided me with the ease of seeing replies to subjects I had interest in and posted on. I do hope both are returning in the Alpha