• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Beta site is carp

I realise that time moves on........ Can we have a survey that simpletons like me can manage.

Is the new Beta site better or worse than the old one?

RC

My opinion.

Apart from a couple of issues already stated on other similar threads, I am getting to grips with it now and think it's better.

It is in beta mode, and do you really want to lose the site for a week before the proper alpha launch?

To be fair, I can see that it definately is different. I don't know where anything is, but am getting to grips with it. How has it improved? It just seems harder to navigate.

I don't particularly like it at present, but no doubt I will get used to it. I'm sure the last 50 will be back again once the CO's have been given time to sort it all out properly, from what I can gather they have done really well to get the site up and running so quickly after changing over.
I'm a little bit baffled at this new friends notifications thing, but I guess the reason for it will be explained (if it hasn't already and I have missed it).

Stop winging you prats..... It's getting better every hour.

Which shows you the work in progress. Quite frankly, the progress is, 10 times better than the cwunt who wrights the software I work with and have to show to paynig customers.

I'm not a fan of the new VB software, using it on a couple of other forums I'm a member of and found that the teething problems we're seeing with the 'beta' tended to exist in to the 'alpha' release of the others too.

Find it generally harder to navigate than the old stuff too despite being familiar with it already, and tbh on the other forums find it bland and generic looks wise. I just hope that the CO's have a proper skin lined up for the alpha release.

Last 50 and my posts a must, sorry guys, but this is unusable to me so am leaving for a while, tried it over two days and its a nightmare. Appreciate the efforts that have gone into it but it is beyond me. I will check in occassionally and continue to fund raise at the pub, hope to see some of you up there at the Richmond crawl next month.

Cheers,
GW

Last 50 and my posts a must, sorry guys, but this is unusable to me so am leaving for a while, tried it over two days and its a nightmare. Appreciate the efforts that have gone into it but it is beyond me. I will check in occassionally and continue to fund raise at the pub, hope to see some of you up there at the Richmond crawl next month.

Cheers,
GW
My posts equivalent is under 'My profile' and 'Find all posts' the admins of other sites haven't managed to get a grouping like the 'my posts' of old yet either though. Although as yet that bit doesn't seem to be updated as it doesn't show my few posts since the new software was implemented.
As for last 50 - is New Posts not the same thing?

My posts equivalent is under 'My profile' and 'Find all posts' the admins of other sites haven't managed to get a grouping like the 'my posts' of old yet either though. Although as yet that bit doesn't seem to be updated as it doesn't show my few posts since the new software was implemented.
As for last 50 - is New Posts not the same thing?
No it isn't - that simply shows a list of my old posts. It doesn't flag them up when they have been updated with a new post by someone else. Subtle difference.

The "What's new" is the same as last 50 except it is last 20 now. If you'll remember we went through the arguments for last 10, 20 etc etc a while back before eventually going for 50. If that is the best this software can do so be it.

As to the colour scheme - ok but yes a little light blue :D

Anyway, work in progress and I bet GCO is still pulling his hair out. He always comes through so let's give him time :D

No it isn't - that simply shows a list of my old posts. It doesn't flag them up when they have been updated with a new post by someone else. Subtle difference.

The "What's new" is the same as last 50 except it is last 20 now. If you'll remember we went through the arguments for last 10, 20 etc etc a while back before eventually going for 50. If that is the best this software can do so be it.

As to the colour scheme - ok but yes a little light blue :D

Anyway, work in progress and I bet GCO is still pulling his hair out. He always comes through so let's give him time :D

Ohh just spotted a 'subscribed threads' tab....that'll be the my posts equivalent the others couldnt get working then!

The new posts is just because thats all thats been updated since your last visit, again other sites if I dont visit for a few days have had 9 or 10 pages of new threads to mooch through.

Yep, Last 50 was a very good feature,and, as has already been said, it kept me up to date with everyday stuff.

Please bring "Last 50 posts" back!

Latest Threads