Best/Worst songs you danced to in naafi bop??

B

blindfire

So come on guys (and gals)

Which songs did you used to dance to on mass at the naafi bops??

We used to give it max on mass(in the 80s) to Soft cell - tainted love/where did our love go - 9min version at the wilders bop every thursday - gay or what :D :D :D

In the FI also during the 80s it was the Monkees - Daydream believer - great stuff 8O

So you bunch of hermers what got your regt/sqn going?????

come on Eileen....running on the spot like a 'tard (although that was at the Wilders youth club :D )

blindfire said:
So come on guys (and gals)

Which songs did you used to dance to on mass at the naafi bops??

We used to give it max on mass(in the 80s) to Soft cell - tainted love/where did our love go - 9min version at the wilders bop every thursday - gay or what :D :D :D

In the FI also during the 80s it was the Monkees - Daydream believer - great stuff 8O

So you bunch of hermers what got your regt/sqn going?????

Walk like an Egyptian - The Bangles

and Male Stripper - Man 2 Man meets Man Parrish oh and something by Chaka Khan but it was fcuking w*nk !!!

the rowing song,, gap band?all sit and row and clap... fuc,,,ed up my best white chinos on a minging naafi floor.

Come on Eileen - Dexy's
Happy Hour - The Housemartins
Tainted Love - both versions if available, Soft Cell and Gloria Jones
Anything by Madness
And of course, everyone's favourite, Time Warp.

68 Sqn RCT seen enmass dancing to Spirit In The Sky, Marly Club '76. A sobering experience.

The chicken song...hands down winner!!

blindfire said:
rebel_with_a_cause said:
68 Sqn RCT seen enmass dancing to Spirit In The Sky, Marly Club '76. A sobering experience.
that is gayer than a gay thing :D
Well the majority were certainly gay but not in a being happy and light-hearted sort of way, but more of a rug-munching, fat, ugly, lezzer-munter sort of way.

pupgreen said:
the rowing song,, gap band?all sit and row and clap... fuc,,,ed up my best white chinos on a minging naafi floor.
What!!! "Oops up side your head"? (Never knew who the band were.) That's always been one of my favourites ..... though so was rolling around on the floor with loads of people. :oops:

"I'm in the mood for dancing" yes it was the Nolan Sisters but it was always replaced with "I'm in the mood for wanking" and most of those dancing were student nurses. Oh happy days.....

bovvy said:
pupgreen said:
What!!! "Oops up side your head"? (Never knew who the band were.) That's always been one of my favourites ..... though so was rolling around on the floor with loads of people. :oops:
how does that not suprise me,,, he he he...

bovvy said:
pupgreen said:
The Gap Band. (Did I just admit to knowing that?) :oops:
A brilliant excuse for a feel of the bird in front. Make sure you're not sat in puke though as it can seriously spoil your chances when smelling of sick. :lol:

Personal favourite at the end of the evening?
"I'm not in Love" by 10cc. Great for a titsquasher.

One ahem, memorable NAAFI do was when Black Lace was booked for a christmas party. Oh what fun we had bopping round to agadoo and other legendary songs. Brings tears to my eyes...

C

cloudbuster

Ahh, the NAAFI bop - drinking, singing, fcuking and fighting.

Followed by more drinking.

One favourite was 'Cheer Up, Sleepy Jean'; last time I sang along to it would have been over the i/c as we lifted out of St Angelo for a dawn patrol over a (relatively) peaceful Fermanagh in the early 90's.

Nostalgia's not what it used to be.