Best & Worst singers in films

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by TheSpecialOne, Aug 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We all know that Elvis was probably the worst singer ever to appear on the silver screen, but who are the best & worst according to ARRSE?
  2. Clint Eastwood's 'I Talk To The Trees' from the 1970 film Paint Your Wagon was pretty dire. It was B side to Lee Marvin's number one hit, 'Wandrin' Star'. I remember hearing it on the radio as a 4 year old while living in a London tower block.
  3. Panda,

You have just stolen my thunder. I totally agree.
  4. It's OK Josey, your thunder is in my pants and is being well looked after.
  5. Donner und Blitz mit shitz mein kleine shatz ?
  6. Pierce Brosnan in Mama Mia.........noooooooooooooo !
  7. Madonna. How the hell does that donkey keep getting film scripts? Terrible singer and absolutely god-awful actor.
  8. Trini Lopez in the Dirty Dozen - 'Lemon Tree' oh my good God.......aaaaarrrrgh!

Kirk Douglas playing a fecking accordion and singing 'A Whale of a Tale' in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.......Jeeeeeeessssssssuuuuuussss.
  9. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins. Nice accent mate.
  10. An obscure one but Molly Ringwald ( the ginger one from the breakfast club & pretty in pink) singing the american national anthem in Steven King's "The Stand" . She also attempts to sing at other times as she probably felt she was the most famous celebrity in the 'made for tv' movie.

As I said, obscure but unfortunately memorable. As is the rest of the film :?
  11. Shite film and shite song sung by Richard Harris in Gulliver's Travels. It's an animated film and the cartoons look like they were drawn by Ray Charles.
  12. Pained though I am to say it as I am a fan, but Prince in Under the Cherry Moon.I would even stretch to Purple Rain aswell.......
  13. I can't believe I forgot 'Marky' Mark Walberg. Now, I like boogie nights as much as the next person but, Perfect Storm???? He tends to be quite wooden in his performance ( harking back to boogie nights there fnar fnar ). Went to see The Happening recently but unfortunately/fortunately was on call and didn't see the end of the film. Possibly a good thing.

I stand by Three Kings though but only because George Cloony is in it. :wink:
  14. ID your avatar just reminded me - Sean Connery in 'Darby O' Gill and the Little People'. Who persuaded him that a song would be intricate to the plot?