Best weapons / optimum calibres

Heard way back that Desert Tech had some input on the Radom
I wouldn’t put too much credence to that. There are people who swear blind that it’s a Magpul Masada/ Remington ACR because it looks similar, but the internals are completely different.

Appreciated, but I believe that investigation is very important when choosing eqpt.
An explanation from the designers/constructors can be good, but their bottom line is to sell so their public version of events might not be gen up. Viz. L85A1.

Another example is to see what spare parts are included in the CES. Are they present because the manufacturer doesn't employ satisfactory QC measures, is it a "known fault" that they cannot or will not solve or is there another reason ?

Over complicating anything is never a good idea, generally it just leads to more components to fail.
All that of course is the difference between troop trials and just trying one out at the range.

On another note, if you look at the first video of the two videos posted by @incendiarycutlery above at post 2077, at just before the 1 minute mark they demonstrate shooting the Radom MSBS bullpup version from the left shoulder. Again, I don't know how well that works in practice, but it is interesting that they are doing this with a more conventional open ejection port.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
All that of course is the difference between troop trials and just trying one out at the range.

On another note, if you look at the first video of the two videos posted by @incendiarycutlery above at post 2077, at just before the 1 minute mark they demonstrate shooting the Radom MSBS bullpup version from the left shoulder. Again, I don't know how well that works in practice, but it is interesting that they are doing this with a more conventional open ejection port.
Interesting to note too that commencing at about thirty-five secs in, the conventional layout version throws the odd doppie rearward every now and again.

Some ultra-slow motion footage might shed some light on the reasons for that.

Latest Threads