Best weapons for FIBUA we should have... but dont

There are plenty of weapons options available for purchasing which in theory would be of more use than some, care to name any?

Portable flamethrowers would be a good start

flamethrowers.jpg

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
The thing in the foreground of that pic would be darn useful - open the door, shove it in, shut the door, wait for the screams to stop :)

Portable thermobaric rocketry / means of delivering a thermobaric charges

Something I saw the Jagers I briefly worked with using: a series of metal tubes about six inches across, all linked together in a line with a hook at one end, rope linking steps.
Hook top over eg. window ledge, pull, turns into a ladder.

Awesome.

Small, camera-equipped, commercial off the shelf, drones. Feeding images taken at low level back to commanders and troops. Ubiquitous in Syrian urban fighting and very useful, judging by results. Seeing around corners, behind vertical cover, enemy movement, weapons/artillery flashes, and results of own artillery, including fire correction.
The drones used in Syria seem commercial. They don't appear ruggedised and may be regarded as expendable. It could be the way to go - you could get many cheap, short life, drones for the cost of an equivalent made for MoD use.

Last edited:
Tsar Bomba.

If it saves me just one top-floor entry, it'll be worth it.

Thermonuclear hand grenades.

The thing in the foreground of that pic would be darn useful - open the door, shove it in, shut the door, wait for the screams to stop :)
Who's the lucky so & so who gets to shove it in and even better, who gets it out again?

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Sawn off, for those unexpected up close and personal moments.

TamH70

MIA
FN P90. Ideal for Fighting in Someone's House.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Who's the lucky so & so who gets to shove it in and even better, who gets it out again?
well, the new guys don’t have to worry the LSW anymore do they...

Latest Threads