Best way to increase my bicep strength and chest

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by GerrardTheHero, Apr 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it just by doing press ups and sit ups? I want to be able to have a decent amount of strength before I go off to Army Development and Selection Centre next month.

Thanks.

2. Strength isn't about your biceps and chest you dingbat. Get to a proper gym and start lifting weights properly and doing tonnes of running.

3. pressups, pull ups and man the **** ups

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you want to develop general strength (including biceps and chest), you could do a lot worse than trying this programme- it seems to be working for me.

Starting Strength Wiki

Edited to add:

But if you can't find a decent gym, press-ups, pull-ups, and dips work pretty well and are more or less free.

5. furious, double-handed wanking is best.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Even better with a partner.

7. Leaving it a bit late if you are a weed.

Get a labouring job.

8. if you're an 'uphill gardener' you could get two of your boyfriends to stand each side of you and slightly to the rear, then adopt the 'skiing' position, wanking each one off.
    The further back they stand, the more your triceps benefit too!

EDIT: sorry, just realised its not the naafi!

9. ******* LOL! Stupid questions get stupid answers.

Start lifting weights you numtie.

10. Swimming.

11. Exercising the biceps is a fantastic method of strengthening the biceps.

12. I do a lot of sit ups and run 3 times a week. As a result I have huge biceps.

13. Here's a clue!

Attached Files:

14. Low weights, high reps and a diet of nothing but celery will give you arms like Popeye. Beefcake!

15. Yes, i can confirm situps will strengthen your biceps! Trust me! Im a PTI!