Best way to break boots in

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Ch33ky monk3y, Aug 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the best and quickest way to break issue boots in? Any help would be great.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  2. Wear them for short periods then longer periods. Try the search function or piss in them.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Piss in them and wear them for short periods.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Put them straight on out of the box and go for a long tab. Don't wear any socks the first time though as it allows the boots to mould to the shape of your feet.
    • Like Like x 15
  5. Mod edit - no need to be so rude. Funny is fine, pointless abuse isn't.
  6. Fill to brim with hot water, not boiling, empty, wear boots, go for,a walk

7. There isn't a quick way
  8. Let someone else wear them for you.
  9. You break boots in the same way as you would a young filly; mit faust und mit doppel mit faust!
  10. By wearing them.
  11. I'm sensing a lot of hostility in you today.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Breaking in boots is like making love to a beautiful woman,my mate tony told me that.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Hot water, wear them laced up tight (wel, tightish) and walk in them.

Also, use neetsfoot oil, including inside, and let it soak into the leather. Flex the leather lots with your hands too. Neetsfoot oil is a traditional thing, you can even look it up, but expect a hard job to get them shiney for a while.
  14. No, no it isn't.

Do it the Sven Hassel way with lots of urine, dead Soviets and SS Panzers roaring all over the place.

Or just wear them for longer and longer periods until they stop hurting.

Serious Note: Do modern boots need breaking in?? Even in the mid eighties if I got a pair of new boots I would lace them up and lead on, no problems. Mind you, I was a Cold War Warrior and therefore uber hard.
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Just arrived at 30 Sigs, first exercise to Norway, breaking in the boots, got grabbed by the training wing, BFT in KF shirt, woolley pully lightweights and ski march boots.