Best war songs.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Stockton96, Sep 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is your favourite song from a war film ?

mods please move if not in right forum.

2. I don't know about a song... but two top tunes (for different reasons) both get the hairs up on the back of my neck when played...

Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries :Apocalypse Now
    Barber - Adagio for strings : Platoon

3. it has to be this one.

Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries

4. The dambusters march.

5. the theme tune to "a bridge too far"

6. Maybe not quite the impact of Ride of the Valkyrie, but Colonel Bogey from Bridge on the River Kwai has some effect, if only for the sheer audacity and defiance it represents.

7. Indeed.

8. I'm looking for songs from films mainly. songs like get around (three kings) and these boots are made for walking (Full metal Jacket).

9. Ah, modern films? Did you know that the battle-scenes in Full Metal Jacket where they sing the Mickey-Mouse song was filmed at Romford Gas-works in Essex?

10. Aaaah ...well in that case it's got to be:

Nowhere to run to...Nowhere to hide.....
    Martha & the Vandelas (Good Morning Vietnam
    )

Particularly apt at the moment for all those lingering in a hole on a mountainside dying of Typhoid lergy... :)

11. Panzer March , a favourite of the late PTP senior

12. flakmagnet - yes i did know that some of the scenes were filmed in the UK. Something to do with road signs.

13. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

How about anything from the album "Songs to Invade Poland" such as the Horst Wessel Lied or Tomorrow Belongs To Me.

14. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Battle of Britain. Dambusters, 633 squadron. Tehy don't make movies like them anymore.
    TB