Best War Movie Quote ever

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by PartTimePongo, Jan 27, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hard to choose really

"Are we going to die Colour Sgt?"
    "Now Lad, face front and do up your tunic"

"Y'know what I think? Don't really matter what I think. Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shit just goes right out the window. " BlackHawk Down

"What is it with you Moriaty? Always with the negative waves"

"The Germans think WE are the Barbarians"
    "Barbarians? Hell, I like that!" Band of Brothers

" Ah luv a bird wut talks dirty" Dogsoldiers

Apologies if I got some of those wrong :)
  2. Glad to meet you too PTP!!!! :lol:
  3. I hope you enjoy these quotes they are favourites of mine. (Sorry they are not from movies, but who cares!!)

"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
    - Ambrose Bierce

"Army: A body of men assembled to rectify the mistakes of the diplomats."
    - Josephus Daniels

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink."
    - Admiral William Halsey
  4. "Any of you fu**ing pr**cks move and I will execute every mother fu**ing last one of you"

Pulp Fiction.

Better quote than An Affair to Remember eh?
  5. "I love the smell of Napalm in the morning - its smells like...........victory".

Lt Col Kilgore - Apocalypse Now!
  6. "I wanna go home". Bubber to Forest Gump after Bubber takes a round to the stomach and then dies in Vietnam.
  7. "Stupid is as Stupid does"

Forrest Gump....................... or was that GW talking to BLiar and Hoondog?
  8. "Damn that Nolan. If the Army was run by officers as professional as him warfare would not be warfare, it would be outright bloody murder" Raglan in Charge of the Light Brigade.
  9. Band of Brothers when they meet the retreating SPAM Inf. Retreating Officer warns the AB OC that the Germans are coming and they'll soon be surrounded.

The response, " We're Paratroopers son..........we're meant to be surrounded"
  10. Cross of iron

Captain Stransky "All right, I accept your challenge. I will show you how a Prussian Officer fights."

Or words to that effect, to which Steiner/Coburn replies;

Sergeant Steiner "And I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow."
  11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

"Women - bow!" - Tenko

"Terminate - with extreme prejudice" - Apocalypse Now
  12. "Who's your Commanding Officer"

"Ain't you????" - Apocalypse now

"I feel the need , the need for speed" - Top Gun. Ok, when you're 16 it's kewl

Oh and Dale , sorry, the quote should read

"Ah luv it when a POSH burd talks dirty"

Errrr not that you ain't posh, well you know what I mean errrrr shagola, hand me the keys to that Digger will you?
  13. "What do you mean you didn't order no pizza? Somebody has to pay"
  14. Just about anything from "A Bridge Too Far".

Lt Col Frost's batman is packing the CO's luggage after frost has told him to put the golf clubs in the Staff Car the batman asks, "Are you sure you'll need your dinner jacket, sir?" Frost replies "I rather hope so."

Douglas Bader in "Reach for the sky"... Shortly after taking over command of the Wing, the Sgt clerk comes into his office with a foot-high pile of paperwork. Bader asks "What's this?"
    "Paperwork for your attention, sir." replies the clerk.
    Bader picks up the paperwork and drops it all in the bin. "There, it's had my attention." He then clumps out of the office and goes off to win the war.
  15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

My favourite quote for a longtime, well done Major.