Best War Film of all time?

S

Screw_The_Nut

Really? Then who played the part of Ni**er, Guy Gibson's dog? :? You could say it was Chewbacca, but he doesn't really buy it in that movie.... :?
Nor do I remember the cantina scene, or the running around the dam dressed as Nazi stormtroopers...

CQMS

LE
What was the film where the aliens were nazi's, it had that chap from the tv programme about dragons in it? Anyway this film was about some blokes who were stuck somewhere and this fellow did something and (I think) the circus ringmaster used a trained chimp to steal the secret code and while they were executing prisoners this other chap tied the secret code to an elephant. The elephant swam out to a submarine and put the code into the torpedo tube so it could be fired up to a low flying heron which flew over whitehall and dropped it down downing streets chimney thus shortening the war. I can't remember the name but I thought it too far fetched, I mean alien nazi's?

What was the film where the aliens were nazi's, it had that chap from the tv programme about dragons in it? Anyway this film was about some blokes who were stuck somewhere and this fellow did something and (I think) the circus ringmaster used a trained chimp to steal the secret code and while they were executing prisoners this other chap tied the secret code to an elephant. The elephant swam out to a submarine and put the code into the torpedo tube so it could be fired up to a low flying heron which flew over whitehall and dropped it down downing streets chimney thus shortening the war. I can't remember the name but I thought it too far fetched, I mean alien nazi's?
Time to put the whiskey back in the sideboard and climb the wooden hill to Bedfordshire old son. Goodnight, sleep tight.

S

Screw_The_Nut

What's the one with the bloke from Rome in it, where the Nazis are zombies in an old sealed bunker?

C

cloudbuster

My favourite line from that doesn't involve napalm or non-surfing gooks. I like the bit where he tells the flyboys to hit the treeline.

"Ripple the shit out of them!"
The Redux version includes a few scenes that add to the continuity, such as why Kilgore goes chasing after the lads to get his surfboard back.

C

cloudbuster

Really? Then who played the part of Ni**er, Guy Gibson's dog? :?
What on Earth is the matter with using the name given to Gibson's dog? Are you frightened of something? Are revisionists holding your people to ransome?

Kelly's Heroes!

havocthecat

War Hero
South park the movie.

Foul language, racism, devil worship, stinking hadj scumbag in hell, dying french kid,

shut your fucking face uncle fucker.......nuff said.

What on Earth is the matter with using the name given to Gibson's dog? Are you frightened of something? Are revisionists holding your people to ransome?
Arrse Rule 345 Section 4 Sub section 53b "Anyone mentioning that dog by name donates £500 to the RBL"

You're right. The whole Nazis from outer space thing is a non-starter in all the markets we tested.

Surfing Nazis, however, are a different story.

Surf Nazis Must Die - trailer - YouTube

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
Heads up! 1545 on Film4 this Thursday, 'Twelve O'clock High'.

b/w, B17s, the 'Mighty 8th', ace air phots and

this film used to be (maybe still is?) used by the Industrial Society to teach John Adair's 'Action Centred Leadership'.

The hero, 'Brigadier General Savage' is base don the real Brigadier General Anderson who turned a duff USAAC bomb group around much as shown in the film.

Heads up! 1545 on Film4 this Thursday, 'Twelve O'clock High'.

b/w, B17s, the 'Mighty 8th', ace air phots and

this film used to be (maybe still is?) used by the Industrial Society to teach John Adair's 'Action Centred Leadership'.

The hero, 'Brigadier General Savage' is base don the real Brigadier General Anderson who turned a duff USAAC bomb group around much as shown in the film.
Industrial Society is using a UDA thug to teach action centered leadership? Well I've heard it all now...:)