Best US Beer

Discussion in 'US' started by Pork_Pie, Aug 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CAMRA Link

Anybody tried the above, or any of the others at the show?

I have some fond memories of a Pikes (?) India pale ale at the show, several years ago. Jolly nice, but not a session drink.

Unfortunately, US beer tends to be represented here by the likes of Bud, Cooors, etc.

2. It's like having a discussion about which is the best dogshit to tread in...

3. There is no such thing as a good beer. Nobody drinks beer for the taste, it's just a cheap and time consuming way to get drunk and vomit. It's a vile and sloppy habit and reveals a low class upbringing. My advice to you: Drink water.

4. msr

msr LE

The US Microbreweries churn out good stuff.

It is the big brewers who produce a glass of fine water wasted.

msr

5. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Bollox. There are loads of good cask brews, microbrewery ales, wheat beers and dark beers out there. Have you ever been to a CAMRA beer festival or Octoberfest? The Brits and Germans do some tremendous local brews, and I am partial to a nice Weisse bier myself. Its the mass produced chemically treated shite like fosters, carlsberg and stella that gets shipped over here and the coors, miller and budweiser (utter filth) in the States that generally brings down the opinion of overall beer quality.

6. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Anchor Steam and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale are both very palatable. Sierra Nevada is even being sold in Tescos now.

7. I thought Bud Lite was about as low as it can get...but then I tasted some Asian Tiger beer... :lol:

Samuel Adams is decent for US beer.

8. I agree with MrD reference US wine, they do churn out some decent stuff. On a recent holiday to Florida, I ended up drinking Newcastle Brown Ale such was the disappointment with American beer. Only down side was they serve it bloody half pint bottles!! What the fukc is that all about!

9. Budweiser Budvar

( oh sorry that's Check insn't it) :twisted:

10. Belgian, actually.

They can have it.

I never liked Budweiser Coors is better if you like that kind of beer.

IG

12. In the strip mall just down from my office in Atlanta is a local bar and they stock brews from sweetwater which is a local micro-brewery. Some of them are horrid but 2 or three are really nice especillay the sweetwater blue and IPA

13. The americans dont make beer - they make lager therefore its not beer - nuff said - do I win £10?

14. The depth of flavour and variety of beers available across the world make it a far more interesting and diverse drink thant wine. Did anyone go to the GBBF this year? Was it any goos? I've given it a miss for the first time in ages...as I was disappointed last year.

(I'm doing a pub crawl in Manchester tomorrow instead :D - far nice pubs than down here in the smoke)