Best U.S. President?

Trip_Wire

RIP
RIP
armchair_jihad said:
dingerr said:
Sorry Crabtastic have i offended you in that last post?

I have to been advised to be careful what i post in here since T_W went crying to the MODS.

Nope that was not Trip, it was me, I don't like people who relish news reports of dead US Soldiers and taunt US visitors to these boards with it.

Shrill Islamofascist sympathisers on ARRSE are a base spectacle.

Trip my apologises that posters seem to think it was you.

No apologises needed armchair_jihad! I agree with your comments 100% on his lack of respect for the fallen, etc.

dingerr said:
Nice one i'll expect your mum to be knocking on the door any minute to have a go then.

You just don't get it do you? You have no idea of the audience these boards have beyond bedsit land.

dingerr said:
I'm actually quite surprise you had the moral courage to admit that.

Your personal standards are evidently very low if you regard that admission as either moral or courageous.

dingerr said:
It was quite interesting to see that you are viewed as a boring whingebag.

Oh My! Am I?! How Hurtful!

Trip_Wire said:
crabtastic:

Typical left wing liberal academic's response. Nit-pick, avoid the issues, by all means.

Trip_wire said:
crabtastic:

Instead of burdening me and others here, with your babble, why don't you address the good General with your comments.

Just because you like wearing a pink frilly dress and a blonde wig, it doesn't make you the victim every time, Nancy. You picked the fight on this thread, not me. Before you bimbled in, wearing your third pair of Depends incontinence pants of the day, I was only responding to the issues that you presented. In my initial post, I gave the piece the effort and consideration I thought it merited, what with it being rambling horseshit. You said I was "nitpicking" so I took the time and effort to post a more thorough response which, for some reason only your Altzheimer's riddled brain can fathom, you took to be an attack on FREEDOM (TM)/LIBERTY (TM)/America itself. Well, I have a newsflash, Buffy. This is a discussion forum. People offer ideas, others agree with them or critique them. It is not a place for you to cast down someone else's thoughts and efforts (because you are too thick to think for yourself) as if you were Moses descending Mt Sinai with the Ten Commandments in his hands and expect muted deference.

Gen Whatshisnuts is but a man, as am I. We are both civilians, as are you (although you seem to forget that a lot more readily than I despite the fact that you left the Army Reserve during the Cold War). Both the general and I use ad-hominem attacks. He does so publicly. I do it anonymously because I have to spend my professional life pretending that people as dumb as you and he actually have opinions worthy of serious consideration. Even then, I only give them any consideration because they bear a marked resemblance to those held by George W Bush and, as such, become the underpinnings of policies that affect the entire globe. And it is at that point they become dangerous. In case you hadn't noticed, this is where I come to vent.

Trip_Wire

RIP
RIP
crabtastic:

I must admit, you are a great comedian, in some respects! :cheers: :razz: :puker:

I grow tired of this really stupid exchange on your part, as I suspect many others are too. :yawnstretch:

I think, that I'm just going to have to put you back into the ignore this person list, as you are a waste of time and effort category person.

I never ceased to be amazed, that you haven't been given the title (Oxygen thief) that you so richly deserve, by the Mods here. Are they CRABs too? :confused: :puker:

Pray tell me, what are the extra audiences that these boards have, and there is nothing that i post on here that i would not be prepared to air face to face. I have no need to hide my POV behind anonymity. There are approx 24000 members of ARRSE, this is not many in the grand scheme of things. My original comment that initiated all this venom received approx 12 posts criticising (0.05%). I admit that my comment was contentious (to say the least), but it in no way celebrated the death of US serviceman.

It did surprise me that you admitted it because you do come across as petty and spineless, a coward.

I can rarely make post without you waiting to make some abusive comment often irrelevant to the post in hand. Even Tripwire and Virgil have been able to respond to sensible posts without abuse, yet you continue to abuse.

I do not hate americans, far from it. I can have decent post exchange with many except you and on occasion T_W and Virgil i have avoided contentious posts but you just love to carry on the fight, pathetic.
I will admit that i like to have a bit of a dig and some of the posts can leave themselves open to a bit of niggle.

Feel free to PM me i will be open, honest and courteous with my replies, but abuse will be met likewise.

Now i have hi-jacked enough of this thread and any abusive response you make will be responded to as a PM. I really should have done it with this, but i am aware that you would make something of nothing with me doing that.

Very good, Gracie. Your wit and repartee clearly knows no bounds.

Bringing the thread back on track however, I see that the Shaved Chimp had no reservation in using the opportunity of the official commemoration of the Birth of George Washington to compare himself to America's first, and arguably greatest, President- with, as is always the case, absolutely no trace of irony:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070219/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_george_washington_1

Trip_Wire

RIP
RIP
crabtastic:

Thanks for this great article! I agree with my CIC 100%!

Feb 19, 12:24 PM ET
MOUNT VERNON, Va. - President Bush honored the 275th birthday of the nation's first president on Monday, likening George Washington's long struggle that gave birth to a nation to the war on global terrorism.

"Today, we're fighting a new war to defend our liberty and our people and our way of life," said Bush, standing in front of Washington's home and above a mostly frozen Potomac River.

"And as we work to advance the cause of freedom around the world, we remember that the father of our country believed that the freedoms we secured in our revolution were not meant for Americans alone."

Bush chose the national Presidents Day holiday to make his first visit as president to Mount Vernon. He and first lady Laura Bush helped lay a wreath at Washington's tomb, then the president gave a speech from a platform on the bowling green lawn of the estate.

"I feel right at home here. After all, this is the home of the first George W. I thank President Washington for welcoming us today. He doesn't look a day over 275 years old," Bush said to laughter.

Washington was born on Feb. 22, 1732.

"On the field of battle, Washington's forces were facing a mighty empire, and the odds against them were overwhelming. The ragged Continental Army lost more battles than it won, suffered waves of desertions, and stood on the brink of disaster many times. Yet George Washington's calm hand and determination kept the cause of independence and the principles of our Declaration alive," Bush said on a clear but frigid day, speaking to several hundred people.

Mount Vernon is about 16 miles south of the White House. Bush traveled by helicopter.

"In the end, General Washington understood that the Revolutionary War was a test of wills, and his will was unbreakable," said Bush. "After winning the war, Washington did what victorious leaders rarely did at the time. He voluntarily gave up power.

Washington's retirement didn't last long, Bush noted.

"As president, George Washington understood that his decisions would shape the future of our young nation and set precedent. He formed the first Cabinet, appointed the first judges, and issued the first veto."

"Over the centuries, America has succeeded because we have always tried to maintain the decency and the honor of our first president," Bush said.

Before and after Bush's speech, recorded music by the 3rd U.S. Infantry Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps blared through loudspeakers. Organizers of the event said the fife and drum corps had planned to perform live, but decided against it Sunday night because of expected temperatures in the 20s that could have damaged their historic instruments.

He's not your Commander in Chief, you're a civvy.

crabtastic said:

Now that is plain nasty...

Trip_Wire

RIP
RIP
armchair_jihad said:
crabtastic said:

Yeah it is; however, one must consider the source. Coupled with his need, to have the last word.

Actually, as a Retired US Army member, I don't actually consider myself as a 'civilian.' I carry a retired ID Card, shop on post and wear my Mess dress uniform to invited Dine-Ins, etc. I stay active in ny Regiments activities, attend change of Command ceremonies as well as other regimental activities that I am invited to.

Trip_Wire said:
armchair_jihad said:
crabtastic said:

Yeah it is; however, one must consider the source. Coupled with his need, to have the last word.

Actually, as a Retired US Army member, I don't actually consider myself as a 'civilian.' I carry a retired ID Card, shop on post and wear my Mess dress uniform to invited Dine-Ins, etc. I stay active in ny Regiments activities, attend change of Command ceremonies as well as other regimental activities that I am invited to.

Well, Annie, it's nice that you get to play dress up, big-time it around camp and get cheap food at taxpayer's expense, not to mention constantly referring to your association with the army in the present tense ("I am a lowly NCO", "we in SF are doing x,y,z".) and no doubt bore serving soldiers to tears at the events you mentioned (Yes, they might find a war story or two interesting at first- although from the way you post here, I doubt it- but after about 5-10mins tops they're probably "off to the bar to get another drink/ find the wife" etc. and, hopefully on their way they'll con some other poor schmuck to return with your drink and keep you entertained) but you are no longer serving and have no obligation as a reservist. Hence by any practical or legal definition, you are a civilian, whether you like to think so or not. (It's a bit sad to be suffering separation anxiety and denial after being outside the wire for almost 20 years.)

Now then, Article II, Section II of the US Constitution states:

The President shall be commander in chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the militia of the several states, when called into the actual service of the United States; he may require the opinion, in writing, of the principal officer in each of the executive departments, upon any subject relating to the duties of their respective offices, and he shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment.

You are not currently in the US Army or Navy, nor in any state militia. Therefore, the smirking buffoon in the Oval Office is not your Commander in Chief. The President of the United States is not the Commander in Chief of the citizenry- that was one of the basic ideas that underpinned the American Experiment and one of the main problems you guys have had as a country in the past few years is that you've forgotten that. You are a free man- you should rejoice in that- and the President works for YOU, not the other way around.

This is the BRITISH ARMY unofficial website.

What the Americans do is frankly up to them.

Lucky_Jim said:
This is the BRITISH ARMY unofficial website.

What the Americans do is frankly up to them.

Amen to that..........

Trip_Wire

RIP
RIP
armchair_jihad said:
Tone it down girls and get back on topic please.

Yeah, it would appear that crabtastic, has destroyed this thread with his zeal to nit-pick and/or practice his one up-man-ship replys. I have expressed my opinions on the questions asked on my opinions of the past presidents, some of whom I helped to elect, which is more then the Brits here can say!

BTW: Taken from the Retiree handbook.

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache...tiree&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=10&gl=us&client=safari

3-5. Obligations for Military Service. Regular Army retired Soldiers remain subject to military law. This applies to those advanced to a higher grade on the AUS Retired List, as well as those enlisted Soldiers assigned to the Retired Reserve to complete 30 years service. They may be ordered to active duty at any time by the President, and may be assigned to duties the President considers necessary in the interests of national defense.

FlakeShag

Old-Salt
Trip_Wire said:
armchair_jihad said:
crabtastic said:

You saying "Yeah it is" is kind of civvy too, an ex-serviceman fretting over a 'nasty comment'.

And all of that prancing around in a 20+ year old parade uniform would be classed as walting would it not?

I grow tired of this really stupid exchange on your part, as I suspect many others are too. Yawn and Stretch

I think, that I'm just going to have to put you back into the ignore this person list, as you are a waste of time and effort category person.

I never ceased to be amazed, that you haven't been given the title (Oxygen thief) that you so richly deserve, by the Mods here. Are they CRABs too?
Your also a little optimistic when speaking about giving Crabtastic the O2 thief tag. You seem to expect that, just because Crab is annoying you/putting you in your place, everyone else will be annoyed too and the moderators will bow to your wishes and place the aforementioned tag upon him. In bold is where you even resort to a slight insult on the moderators in order to get your point across.

Oh and the best President of the United States was Roosevelt, someone with backbone after a little pressure, i.e. Pearl Harbour.

Harry "The Buck Stops Here" Truman for me

Trip_Wire said:
armchair_jihad said:
Tone it down girls and get back on topic please.

Yeah, it would appear that crabtastic, has destroyed this thread with his zeal to nit-pick and/or practice his one up-man-ship replys. I have expressed my opinions on the questions asked on my opinions of the past presidents, some of whom I helped to elect, which is more then the Brits here can say!

BTW: Taken from the Retiree handbook.

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache...tiree&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=10&gl=us&client=safari

3-5. Obligations for Military Service. Regular Army retired Soldiers remain subject to military law. This applies to those advanced to a higher grade on the AUS Retired List, as well as those enlisted Soldiers assigned to the Retired Reserve to complete 30 years service. They may be ordered to active duty at any time by the President, and may be assigned to duties the President considers necessary in the interests of national defense.

Ah, the "but he started it" defence, beloved of 8yr olds everywhere.

Also from the Retirees handbook:

3-6 c. Retired Soldiers may be recalled up to age 64 for general officers, 62 for warrant officers, and 60 for all others.

IIRC, you passed that point around 18-19 years ago- before the Berlin Wall fell- which, by my reckoning, made your last CinC George HW Bush.

Now then, Shirley, shall we stop all this- or at least continue by PM?

Ord_Sgt

RIP
RIP
TW will you take your stupid dumb ass out of my thread - I was going to put a comment in the original post that you were not welcome because wherever you are sh1t follows. But I thought no thats a bit uncharitable. However you've proved once again you need an oxygen thief tag as you are a fcuking idiot. MODS please oh please give him a tag. Word to the wise, its you who provokes the reaction not others being an arrse. Don't bother replying as I'm not interested in anything you have to say.

Lets get it back on topic then. Seems Ronnie is not as popular as I thought - I still like the guy. Having spent some time reading up on FDR I do agree he was an extraordinary guy. Why did he break with tradition though and go for more than two terms in office - which I believe was the accepted norm after George Washington refused a third term?

Taking it a step further who is the best 'ever' president and why?

I'm guessing George Washington has to be up there but then again I have limited knowledge of the subject so might need 'educating'. :thumright:

gennithmedic

War Hero
Prize must go to JFK.
Awarded due to his sexual exploits and morals. Marilyn Monroe, "the triple crown rule" etc
No one can deny that he had brains!

Latest Threads