Best trade in RAMC

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by cross_khukri, Jan 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi..
    I am a Cpl R Sigs Technician...I am thinking to transfer into RAMC since tht had always been my field of interest. Which is the best trade to apply for, in terms of promotion, Quals..and all...i can only think of Dental Hygenist and Bio Med Scientist so far...
    Any suggestions?? :soldier:
  2. [anti-wah] Surely Dental Hygienist is Dental Corps [/anti-wah]
  3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Anything in the Corps is pretty good- if all else fails try Theatre Tech- dull and uninspiring- but RAMC none the less.
  4. We havve not been known as Theatre Techs for ages now its ODP.
    (Minor details) :(

Dull and uninspiring ??? Maybe in an MDHU but on OPs it is far from that.
  5. Why not be a CMT? Afterall, that's the primary trade of the RAMC, and it's what is needed at present.
  6. i concur

7. Thanks everyone..
    CMT might of interest to look into..Hows RadioGrapher and BioMed??
  8. Shame it's taking so long to get in though! :cry:

Roll on April. 8)
  9. Yep, know what you mean. I'm a paramedic and ex regular (10 yrs, RGJ med section). I'm now 5 months into an application process that should take 5 days. I'm loosing the enthusiasm a bit. Afterall, if they can't be arrsed to get their admin sorted, then why should I/We be arrsed enough to sign on.

You'd think they'd have a fast ball process for those that are already qualled?

Back to the thread though.

Cross_kukri - if you're looking at jobs such as ODP, Pharm, lab tech etc, then maybe you should consider leaving the army and going NHS for your trg. Once trained, rejoin - you may even be commisionable after you qual.

But if you're going RAMC now, then go CMT. That's what the RAMC is all about afterall. All of the other bits are just add ons to the primary role of saving lives whilst under fire, of Rfn that get whacked.

CMT or NHS?
  10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Its called banter- you need to get out more.
  11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

FOXY?? Where are you when we need some common sense!
  12. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Cokecan- This is humour and is in no way disrespectful to J=Cloths. :)
  13. What about scrim monkey................. that used to be a good trade??
  14. Why do you want to change trades, are you really that shit-a-flaggy?
  15. Surgeon is a pretty good gig.