Best tips for weight loss and muscle gain?

I want to lose a couple of stone before I join up.
It’s a slow process.

I cut all the crap out of my diet and exercise a little more then what I did.

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or advice for dropping a few pounds.

It's all down to how you want to do it, I personally go to the Gym 5 days a week for my exercise so I get the Exercise classes, I suggest cardio work as a priority. I take Whey Protein, that's good if you can burn the calories for it.

I want to lose a couple of stone before I join up.
It’s a slow process.

I cut all the crap out of my diet and exercise a little more then what I did.

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or advice for dropping a few pounds.

Well, I can tell you what worked for me...

Don't restrict your diet, but ditch bread, pasta, rice, and potatoes - replace with fresh fruit and veg. Don't worry about fat, but make sure you're drinking lots of water if you're upping your protein. Try to cut back on booze and sugary treats! ;)

Then heavy weights with low reps, and plenty of rest.

As you're joining up, make sure you do lots of running!

Well, I can tell you what worked for me...

Don't restrict your diet, but ditch bread, pasta, rice, and potatoes - replace with fresh fruit and veg. Don't worry about fat, but make sure you're drinking lots of water if you're upping your protein. Try to cut back on booze and sugary treats! ;)

Then heavy weights with low reps, and plenty of rest.

As you're joining up, make sure you do lots of running!
This.

If I may add, focus on compound lifts in the gym and long - easy paced - running, outside. I use a heart rate monitor to judge my easy paced runs (180 minus my age = maximum easy pace run rate). You may find yourself doing some walking during these runs, particularly when you hit a hill. Suck it up and be disciplined.

Latest Threads