Best signs or signposts

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Aunty Stella, Oct 17, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A potentially really fcuking boring and dull topic, but

Bought a smile to my face a couple of days ago when I was in an old mess in Shrewsbury with the old save energy signs

"switch off when you leave"

Too fcuking right mate :D

Then saw the road warning sign on the way back on the M54, brightly illuminated and in full working order saying "Sign not working"

Bought memories flooding back of the "W a nk" and "Wankum" signposts in sausage land :D

2. I think evey squaddie has a pic of him with his plums out in the Bavarian town of Wank

still raised a chuckle and we passed it twice a day for three weeks from Sonthofen to the Zugsptiz

Slightly off topic but raised a laugh, Richard Dull Whitely (countdown) was wearring a tie with the following letters down the front

C
    O
    U
    N
    T
    D
    O
    W
    N

the fold of his blazer covered the down and the witty sound guy covered the O with his Microphone

new tie spelt

C
    U
    N
    T

:D :D :D

3. How about the ever-hilarious "This Ausfahrt is a big town" delivered at every exit on the autobahn?

Funny the first time but after a long exercise with lots of moves can start to grate a bit...

4. On the M6/A14 interchange roundabout, one of the exits has one of those brown heritage signs saying,

"Secret Garden"

Not much of a fcuking secret any more, is it??

5. Arnhem Barracks Aldershot, Christmas 1989.

Squadron parade outside accommodation block 'E'. RSM screaming at everyone that we wouldn't be going home on leave until somebody admitted to spraying in 3 foot letters on the outside wall.

"F U C K YOU AND YOUR CHRISTMAS"

6. [​IMG]

Well? What more can I say? :lol:

7. Near Amesbury (Bulfod\Tidworth way) just near Sting's house is a sign advertising a place called 'Westmore-cum-Lake'.
    I thought it was some kind of EU surplus storage facility :D

8. I like it when advertisers actually tell you the honest truth..... so this billboard amused me :)

[​IMG]

9. I'm surprised nobody picked up on the road signs outside the home of the REME:

Slow Troops Crossing

Well, us techs do like our NAAFI pies!

Or try looking under a box of Celebrations. Message reads:

Do not read whilst box is open!

Another reason for the first sign I imagine.

10. Pukekohe is a town just south of Auckland NZ - the name is often abbreviated in speech to Puke, which is pronounced Pooky - not puke.

The local McDonalds had for a while a sign with the large Golden Arches

M
    PUKE

Tell it like it is Mackers :p

About a sensible as Mackers Hot Apple Pie - "WARNING contents may be hot"

11. A place in Bavaria called 'Wank', wasn't there myself but saw the picture.

No, actually, was there last night under my duvet!

12. it was called 'W A N K'!!!

13. Right, its like that then...
    W
    A
    N
    K

14. Another nice place over the border into Ireland called 'Muff', wasn't there last night but did think about it when i was in
    W
    A
    N
    K