Best Schnelly you ever had?

As a pad brat I used to love the Schnelly next to Goch railway station (RAF Laarbruch). Best bratwurst, pommes mit mayo I've ever head in my life. That and the bird with her heaving bosom behind the counter of course. As an impressionable 15 yr old, she made quite an, er, impression on me.
It's only fair she should make an impression; the Brits had made quite an impression on Goch, a few years earlier:

OpSec destroyed by Wolfgang again, that schnelly smoke could sniffed across the IGB, maybe thats why the Wall came down..

Kin ell fellas, I take my hat off to you. Remember the name of a schnelly???? Schnelly time normally involved an awful lot of hooch therefore rendering the memory cells u/s. But I do remember a spot oop north - I'm thinking between Nienberg and Verden?- where they did these amazing schweinehaxe rolled up in (I think) newspaper with a bucket of chips for not too many pfennig - it was a while ago. Ring any bells?

Anything from Wolfgang's van (see my gallery...)

Berlin, 1981 to 1983.

Savignyplatz.

First discovered the schnellly at 0300 after a modest evening in Grotty Charlotty: unusually spicy Bratwurst. Of a weekend, I would go out of my way to get my Sunday brekker there - seldom before 1030a.m.

Bratwurst, Pommes, Mayo, bottle of therapeutic Schultheiss.

Breakfast of champions.
Your Schnelly almost certainly disappeared along with the Grots and the squaddies. Certainly no such emporium on Savignyplatz in 2000-03. But an excellent choice of venues took up residence on Alexanderplatz in the old East Berlin - there's even a stall selling Dutch-type pommes complete with gigantic blob of mayo! They haven't lost their ability to make good artery-clogging food. Berlin is worth a week of anyone's time these days!

OpSec destroyed by Wolfgang again, that schnelly smoke could sniffed across the IGB, maybe thats why the Wall came down..
OMG The indestructable Wolfies van , unusual pic in that he hasn't got a Bedford 4tonner on a tow rope behind him !!!
Best snelly , the one opposite the BP petrol station in Wankum ( snigger snigger ) must have made an absolute fortune around leave times what with it being the last place you could use your coupons before crossing into Holland .

The Viktualienmarkt in Munich - all sorts of weird bits of animal covered in Suesser Senf and wrapped in a Semmel mit Pommes und Rot/Weiss. Top scoff. Okay, that's Germany. What about Blighty? Or that place in Canada that was the only building for fecking miles... mind you, you had to duck if the Canucks were firing their artillery - shell scrapes optional. Also, that place near Narita Airport where Uncle Tojo used to rock up at stupid o'clock with a Disco, dancers AND a bar. Feck knows what we were eating, but the place was crawling with p*ssed civvy pilots... mind you listening to them whine was fine as they always brought the trolley-dollies with them. Happy daze...

Gents/Fellas/Mates,

This thread got me thinking about the Schnellys in general and wondered if any of you fine personages back in the UK or Deutschland or anywhere around the world have a good recipe for jaeger or zigeuner sauce? I just fancy a schnitzel mit pommes und mayo!

I know google is our friend and I 'may' be called a lazy barstard for not using it (I have and found a couple of decent ones), but I would prefer personal recipes, like the ones Granny used to make.
Cheers.

Gents/Fellas/Mates,
This thread got me thinking about the Schnellys in general and wondered if any of you fine personages back in the UK or Deutschland or anywhere around the world have a good recipe for jaeger or zigeuner sauce? I just fancy a schnitzel mit pommes und mayo! I know google is our friend and I 'may' be called a lazy barstard for not using it (I have and found a couple of decent ones), but I would prefer personal recipes, like the ones Granny used to make. Cheers.
Tried a few I've come across but they are not quite right - something missing, probably the MSG. Nearest items to match my memories are the packets of Gulaschfix which can be bought from the German Deli at https://www.germandeli.co.uk/sess/utn154f771e0e6ec1d/shopdata/index.shopscript. Very friendly bunch who will do what they can to get what you want. Sadly, though, not the Granny recipes you were looking for.

Dennis', Bracht C1979-1982. Shaslick sauce and roast chicken dusted in paprika to die for!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS MoD News 2
ExREME..TECH The NAAFI Bar 71
Bagl0ck The NAAFI Bar 0