Best RLC Regiment To Join ??

Hi, all

Im currently waiting.. to go to ADSC to hopefully go on to join the RLC as a driver

any advice on a good/best regiment to join in the RLC and why ?

Thanks in advance :D

RobP said:
You don't normally get much of a choice as a recruit, you go where they need you, However I'd advise any regiment thats in Germany not so much for the unit itself but for the LOA, facilities, accomodation etc etc. (alot better than most UK posts)

stacker1 said:
RobP said:
You don't normally get much of a choice as a recruit, you go where they need you, However I'd advise any regiment thats in Germany not so much for the unit itself but for the LOA, facilities, accomodation etc etc. (alot better than most UK posts)

Ok thanks for the heads up 8)

Was just asking as my ACO wanted to know what regiment and why

RobP said:
Was just asking as my ACO wanted to know what regiment and why
Say your girlfriend is serving over there (even if you don't have one) or you like regimental boxing/rugby (2CLSR) Skiing (1CLSR) anything to get an advantage over everyone else.

Edited for not being able to type acronyms.

No Wahh what the hell is a CLR??

MSI64 said:
No Wahh what the hell is a CLR??
DOH. I meant CLSR, Close logistic support regiment

Back I go for some editing

I thought I had missed another name change

Bowmore_Assassin

LE
Book Reviewer
I think you'll find it is 1 Logistic Support Regiment RLC (1 LSR RLC), not CLSR.

CLR does at least stand for Cdo Log Regt.

7 Tpt Regt Bielefeld.
I know the top man, Nice bloke but cant drink for S**t

MSI64 said:
7 Tpt Regt Bielefeld.
I know the top man, Nice bloke but cant drink for S**t
Dont believe the hype, he may say he is the top man, can put you on duty when he wants, stop leave etc but he still scared of his Ginger Ninja! The wuss!.......apparently MHS have reduced their call centre staff now since he went to pastures new!! :wink:

Do the RLC get embroiled in much action in Iraq / Afghanistan? Does it differ from unit to unit? genuine interest here.

asha. said:
Do the RLC get embroiled in much action in Iraq / Afghanistan? Does it differ from unit to unit? genuine interest here.
The majority of loggie units have 2 main trades, suppliers and driver. The suppliers tend to stay in static positions on the main camps(some of which get mortored). The drivers get to go out on convoy between the main camps which always has the option of turning into a very bad day with mine strikes, IEDs and various nut cases trying to zap them.

asha. said:
Having seen some interesting pics yesterday of a HET involved in a ambush then the answer to your question is yes. 8O

asha. said:
Bore off you journo/thespian/modelling/puppeteer twat.

Genuine my arrse.

If you want some advice - try Googling 'Captain Peter Norton GC' for a start.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K RLC 2
G RLC 1
sarge_massage_my_passage RLC 144