Best Regt/Corps in the Army or best service....

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Ord_Sgt, Mar 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Well now is the time to prove it, and get a little recognition as well as helping raise a few more quid for those that desperately need it.

Some months ago a quilt was auction by the lovely niner_domestic which was paid for and donated to the new accomodation at Selly Oak.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well she's finished it and as its not yet needed she first thought of auctioning it again to raise some more money. So then she had the great idea of selling off little patches on the quilt with your Regt, Sqn, Corps badge or even just a company zap sticker design. I thought it was genius, so not only can you donate a few quid and get that warm feeling, like swamping yourself in the bar for doing a good deed, but you get to big up your Regt etc and abuse those tight fisted gayer Corps (insert AGC, RLC types and the Navy/RAF here) who haven't contributed yet.

All it needs is a donation to the cause, sent to the address in the link at the bottom of my post (around 20 to 25 quid should do the trick, don't forget to mark the donation 'wet patch'), then a picture of your design to niner_domestic with instructions of what you want on the patch and she will knock it out check its ok with you, then sew it onto the quilt. Jobs a good-un. For those civis amongst us with no Regt affiliation for a tenner you can get a small patch with 'donated by your_name'.

So I'm off first with Gods children "The Royal Corps of Signals".

[​IMG]
    The rest of you are a bunch of tight fisted poofs until you get on here, so lets see if we can get every Regt and Corps in the Army?

2. Could've spelt feckin NAAFI right though eh................. ;-)

3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Well spotted :D You in for one then?

4. Yeah, but our Corps Motto is spelt right, so we´re OK Joe :D

5. Whoops...correction coming up...

The quilt was actually won by Armchair_Jihad.

6. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

I think I'll have one of those patches ....

Just to annoy the Army, of course :wink:

7. A gay pride patch or 'I drove a float at the Mardi Gras'

8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Good drills bs, it should annoy the Army too, except my Royal Corps, although Ceta Ceto could have stumped something up ;) 120 views of this thread and the first donation is from the RAF, a sad day indeed for the Army. :oops:

9. Your 'Golden Corps' would be saddened to see that......... :lol:

Incidentally I would've donated but call me daft, I can't see a link......... :oops:

10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

:D The big green box at the bottom of the post. ;) Thanks.

11. My bold

Swift and Sure my arrse Ord_Sgt :D Why wasn´t this on here yesterday then ? :wink:

12. Ok, correction has been made, but for some reason I can't post a pic on this thread.

MDN, can you post your donation info again for those that wish to throw in some coins? Cheers.

13. No big green box seen............

14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

It's only the Corps motto, doesn't mean I have to abide by it all the time. ;) Get some of that trade pay over to MDN and get your Regt Badge on there. :D

15. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Strange, ok you can click here. Cheers mate. :D