Best regiment to join ?

A

AJ1992

I'm 19 , from birmingham, not too fussed about where I'm based along as I can get home most weekends - any ideas what reg to apply for ?

Whatever regiment your in, your likely to be moving around.
Most people join their local regiment apparently.

Some regiments only recruit in certain areas, other are nationwide.
Do some homework and find out which ones you can and cannot apply for.

I'm 19 , from birmingham, not too fussed about where I'm based along as I can get home most weekends - any ideas what reg to apply for ?
Home at weekends, is it, try.....
2nd Bn The Royal Milk Floats....you'll be home by 10 every morning.

Military Police

A

AJ1992

Well I have a girlfriend I've been with for 4 years - and my mums pretty ill so would still like time to see her often - but I young and I've wanted to join the infantry since I left school, I need to do it now before I get too old and start regretting it lol - seriously though any suggestions where's a good place to go if you want a good laugh ? I've been told guards spend shit loads of time polishing everything - ( not really my thing )

MOD GS (Ministry of Defence Guard Service)

Stagging on at the front gates of your nearest Barracks.

Shift work, every other weekend off. Home every day / night.

What more do you want !!!!!!

Depends how much you like walking or taking shit , if you have the brains join the engineers , paras is still an option then if you wanna go down that road

Z

Zarathustra

Don't bother, you probably cry when you get to Catterick and cant go home for 6 weeks, or you'll develop an admin problem conveniently timed to stop you deploying

Why dont you go to Chechnya and join the Kadyrovsky's....there you will be pissed on, beaten up, forced to lift kettlebells until your bones snap, shot at, chased and beaten up....after all that...you will become a real man.

Regiments and where they Recruit;

Grenadier Guards - Nationwide

Coldstream Guards - Nationwide

Scots Guards - Nationwide

Irish Guards - Nationwide

Welsh Guards - Nationwide

Royal Regiment of Scotland - Scotland & London

Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment - Channel Islands, IOW, Hampshire, Kent, Sussex, Middlesex, Surrey.

Royal Regiment of Fusiliers - London, Northumberland, Warwickshire, Lancashire.

Royal Anglian Regiment - East Anglia, Easy Midlands

Duke of Lancasters Regiment - Merseyside, Cumbria, Lancashire

Yorkshire Regiment - Yorkshire, Teeside.

The Royal Welsh - Wales

Royal Irish Regiment - Northern Ireland, London

The Mercian Regiment - Worcestershire, Cheshire, Derbyshire, Merseyside, Nottinghamshire, West Midlands, Staffordshire

Parachute Regiment - Nationwide

The Rifles - London, South West Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Herefordshire, South Yorkshire, Durnam, Shrewsbury.

Join the TA. You'll be at home most weekends.

Z

Zarathustra

You want to join a regiment that is close to where you are from so you can go home every weekend, thought about joining the ta? You'll just be wasting your's and everyone elses time by rocking up at Catterick and crying because you can't see the Mrs for a few weeks. What about going on tour for 7 months and only going home for 2 weeks? Will your mrs of 4 years (who you've been with since 15) be willing to wait that long for you to finish training? Or when you're on tour?

Bin the bird, if you get into the army and pass out your new mates will only be hanging out the back of her. If you've been told that The Guards spent all day polishing things, you've been ill informed. Look on the MOD website, you can see all the units in The British Army and where they are based just now (they will all move from time to time).
You could always try to get in The Royal Marines and if you pass out from there, put in for a posting to 45Cdo RM. :muhaha: