Best regiment to be a sniper ?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by corbuk, Feb 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Im 15 years old and turning 16 soon and i was just wondering what is the best way to jion to be a sniper,as in regiment as in would jioning the rifles be a good chose if i wanted to be a sniper
  2. child, go watch balamory.
  4. Any infantry regiment. They all have snipers.

Be aware that you will not be taken seriously if you ask about becoming a sniper before you have been with your regiment for a year or so.

You certainly won't be taken seriously by many people on ARRSE!
  5. Id suggest joining call of duty clan 49 para. They are ace snipers.

Is it just me or are the WAHsss lately been very poor quality?
  6. Hate to do this, but needs to be done...

...Waaaah! :p

Doesn't matter what Infantry regiment you join, you will all be trained up to the same high standard.

Bare in mind that you can't just walk in, shoot a few targets and become one, you have to be bloody good. If you like being cold, wet, and hungry, for days on end, defecating into a plastic bag, then it might be the job for you! ;)

Hope that helps.
  7. Sorry he was after joining the Army, thats the job description for estate agents.
  8. You have to join the infantry and within your regiment you will have to apply to become a sniper.But it isn't like on MOH or Call of Duty,You don't stand there and get extra points for a headshot etc

It usually dosen't even require you to shoot someone.It's just like being part of reconnisance.

So I'd seriously reconsider if I were you.
  9. Google Infantry Sniper it's that easy.
  10. I think I can help here. Three options:

1/. The RauxAF - but you have to be mega fit

2/. The Special Air Service. I can't say too much here, but they're an 'elite' unit who do a lot of sniping when they're not clarting up the Paddington to Hereford train hoping not to be recognised

3/. I happen to know that they're looking for snipers for the new Astute submarines

PM me
  11. Its obviously the AGC maybe SPS
  12. MOD Guard Service are famous for their marksmanship!! Join them and you will get your mits on a L96 in weeks!
  13. Depends on what range you wish to be a sniper at, over 14 km RA is best.
  14. Sound advise from the child, listen to what he says... with his vast wealth of experience I'd find it hard to ignore him.