Best Pub Crawl - According to ARRSE Users...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Gundulph, Apr 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Famous and 'Infamous' ones include:

"The King Street Run" - Cambridge (many a Sapper and Fusilier have tried this one, a few successfully!)
    "The Rochester Mile" - Rochester 8) (a must for all RE on Course or posted to Chatham)
    "The Rose Street Crawl" - Edinburgh (traditionally a whisky has to be downed in each Pub! this one's a killer!!!)

The Definitive ARRSE 'Infamous' Pub Crawl Guide starts here, please Add your own and why it should rank in the ARRSE Pub Crawl Guide... :wink:

2. The Mumbles Mile - The Mumbles, nr Swansea.

3. Agreed.

4. There are three in central Edinburgh, to undertake, each dependant on mood.

The one you mention above as Rose Street, another is the Lawnmarket, and the third the Royal Mile.

5. There used to be a 'diced peas and carrots' tie for those who completed the 'Mumbles Run'.

6. Gibralter high street used to an epic pub crawl.
    I've done it a few times and can't remember any of it so it must have been good.

7. and a T shirt :D

8. The Otley Run, Leeds

GBTD

9. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Nathan Road stagger, Kowloon. Never heard of anyone getting more than halfway.

10. The Circle Line - London - it lasts as long as you last!

11. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

The Lawnmarket is part of the Royal Mile. I suspect you mean the Grassmarket.

12. Why move from pub to pub? Just wastes drinking time! Just drink your pint in different spots in your local and it will feel like a different pub.....and that's a JD top tip and not Viz!

13. Never remember if i ever made it back to Chatham on that one.
    But i'm sure i did!

14. The "Street of a thousand boozers" in Moenchen Scrunch bunch.