Best prices for Nikon (D90) in London?

Discussion in 'Photography' started by viceroy, Oct 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It is time to upgrade my D100 who still does a good job but makes me feel a bit silly amongst fellow photographers with its tiny monitor etc. The cleaning of the sensor is a real bitch and the only let down on this otherwise amazing camera. The 6.1 MPixel aren't up to the job anymore and the video feature on the D90 is no harm either. Who has the best prices for Nikon bodies around London? Would want to pick one up tomorrow or day after...

Anyone interested in a D100 body? Make me an offer.
  2. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

3. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Gray's of Westminster in Pimlico are always very competitive on price and may give you some trade-in on your D100 (don't expect much though - the curse of digital cameras), plus they're all Scientologists which has to present some sort of comedy opportunity.
  4. Got mine at Jessop's who were almost as cheap as I could find elsewhere and also do a 'price match' deal. At least you then know you are dealing with a reputable dealer and can get it repaired / replaced easily if need be.

A great camera by the way, you won't regret it!
  5. Thanks lads, found it cheaper abroad, UK still hopelessly overpriced, even after deduction of 17.5% VAT...
  6. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Where out of interest? In my experience, only the US and Hong Kong are routinely cheaper than the UK for camera gear.
  7. Switzerland mate. The US is generally cheaper, however, as you do not get tax back upon leaving the US, it varies by the State Sales Tax rate. Amazon is a good gauge for the sort of pricing you will get approximately; USD 790.- + tax, Nikon D90 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera (Body Only): Camera & Photo). Nikon gives a global warranty and I never had a problem with servicing my D100 outside the country of purchase under warranty. Never bought in Hong Kong.