best preparation for basic training

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by miket_915, Jul 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi there,

i start my basic training on 23rd august and am anxious as i dont really know what the best training to do for it.
    i started doin 3.5mile runs but havent been the last week as i injured my calf. what suggestions would you give?

i'm really starting to brick it now because i dont want to turn up and be back of the queue at everything.
    i always have it in my head that when i turn up everyone is going to be like usain bolt so it worries me

any help or advise would be appreciated.

thanks for your time

2. If you don't have access to weights or a gym. Do push-ups, sit-ups, heaves, dips, and squats 2xsets of 20 reps each - complete that circuit 3 times. Do a one mile sprint as fast as you can - do the afore-mentioned every day.
    Speed walk 10 miles once per week - initial target time should be 2 hours. Practice being 5 minutes early for everything and adjust your routine so you get out of bed at 5:30am each morning - that way punctuality and early rising will not be too much of a shock!

Good luck!

3. Chap, pop over to the JU forum and read this thread

Lots of info and advice there.