• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

best preparation for basic training

hi there,

i start my basic training on 23rd august and am anxious as i dont really know what the best training to do for it.
i started doin 3.5mile runs but havent been the last week as i injured my calf. what suggestions would you give?

i'm really starting to brick it now because i dont want to turn up and be back of the queue at everything.
i always have it in my head that when i turn up everyone is going to be like usain bolt so it worries me

any help or advise would be appreciated.

thanks for your time

If you don't have access to weights or a gym. Do push-ups, sit-ups, heaves, dips, and squats 2xsets of 20 reps each - complete that circuit 3 times. Do a one mile sprint as fast as you can - do the afore-mentioned every day.
Speed walk 10 miles once per week - initial target time should be 2 hours. Practice being 5 minutes early for everything and adjust your routine so you get out of bed at 5:30am each morning - that way punctuality and early rising will not be too much of a shock!

Good luck!

Latest Threads