• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Best place to survive the ZPOC in the UK?

Honestly bugging out would be a No Go. Best way to die in a hurry.
The premise of all Zombie and other Apocalypse genre films is that nobody stays home. Mountains are probably the way to go since the Walking Dead don't climb well, you'd be able to see them coming from a distance as long as there's not a blanket of pine forest and the population is generally sparse, so fewer potential zombies.

The premise of all Zombie and other Apocalypse genre films is that nobody stays home. Mountains are probably the way to go since the Walking Dead don't climb well, you'd be able to see them coming from a distance as long as there's not a blanket of pine forest and the population is generally sparse, so fewer potential zombies.
Sorta yes, granted the weather will kill you faster than anything else. The mountains are going to be the the mythical safety zone the grand illusion so to speak. In reality they would be a death trap for the vast majority of folks who want to try and ride it out.

Sorta yes, granted the weather will kill you faster than anything else. The mountains are going to be the the mythical safety zone the grand illusion so to speak. In reality they would be a death trap for the vast majority of folks who want to try and ride it out.
Darwinism will be in full force during the Apocalypse so lots of people will be dying in the mountains. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as we don't want the world to be repopulated with total mongs. The mountains may not be ideal but alternative environments are as bad if not worse. If you stay in a town or city for instance you'll be dead of some shitty disease before the zombies get near you. No, some kind of fort on a highish hill, well stocked with food, water and weapons and a couple of lovelies to repopulate the Earth with and you'll be grand.

Darwinism will be in full force during the Apocalypse so lots of people will be dying in the mountains. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as we don't want the world to be repopulated with total mongs. The mountains may not be ideal but alternative environments are as bad if not worse. If you stay in a town or city for instance you'll be dead of some shitty disease before the zombies get near you. No, some kind of fort on a highish hill, well stocked with food, water and weapons and a couple of lovelies to repopulate the Earth with and you'll be grand.
If these people die in the hills and they become zombies........

If these people die in the hills and they become zombies........
There won't be as many of them as the hordes that will populate urban areas. Remember when Rick Grimes rode the horse into Atlanta? And as I said Zombies don't do well on slopes.

I'm in luck a hill near me, with plenty of lovelies sheep on, just need to knock up a quick hill fort
I live on a bit of a hill. No lovelies though, not even a sheep. Now that I think of it there's only one fecund woman on my street and I wouldn't touch her with yours. I exempt Mrs Cooper of course as she's past child bearing age now. I reckon I could fortify my street with half a dozen shipping containers.

There won't be as many of them as the hordes that will populate urban areas. Remember when Rick Grimes rode the horse into Atlanta? And as I said Zombies don't do well on slopes.
After seeing the shit show, that was the solar eclipse last August we will be over run quickly. This little state doubled in population. If this were the real deal it would triple quite easily and possibly quadruple.