Best place to sell firearms?

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by walt_of_the_walts, Jul 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I want to sell my rifles.

Where might I get the best price for them?
  2. Friday night, car park at the rear of the dog & partridge, bethnal green, tell 'em Ronnie & reggie sent ya ;-).
  3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

What are you selling? Presumably they are on a UK FAC?
  4. Yes. All are on a UK FAC.

They are:

Bremmer Arms AR15-22. Customised with Sabre Defence flat top picatinny upper receiver, 2 barrels/receivers 16 and 22". Lots of accesories, optic and iron sights (front and rear detachable) 4 10 rnd magazines. Shoots and cycles well, especially the 16" barrel. Very good condition

CZ452 Varmint, but with black synthetic stock fitted. Shoots very well indeed. Excellent condition

L39, customised by ARMALON with oversize bolt handle, Armalon scope mounting rail and muzzle brake. Some slight throat erosion suspected, but will group just over an inch at 100yds with factory ammo. 4 Indian contract magazines with kicker lips so will eject spent cases properly. Good condition. Woodwork nice and clean.
  5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Well you have effectively placed an advert on here for a start! :D

Nothing there that would fetch more in DE or FR than you would get for them in the UK. CZ's are very popular in FR, but the transfer cost would not cover the gain.
  6. I want to sell the lot in one go, preferably to a dealer. I don't have much time.
  7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

PM Biped
  8. Cow

Cow LE

9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

You can always place them with a friendly RFD to hold or sell on your behalf if its urgent, like leaving the country (or posted as happened to me).
  10. Won't Fultons sell them for you on commission?
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Try No 4T he took all my service rifles for cash allowing me to pay the mortgage and put down a deposit on some one for ones. I have finished with Bisley so no need for range rifles!
    I still have some .22rfs for sale, all classics.
  12. All sold. Got a lot for the L39 Armalon. More than twice what I paid for it. £1400 the lot inc some ammo, and accessories, a couple of scopes.

Might get back into shooting in the future but I will stick to ex service weapons. A nice No.4 and a K98/M48 or Springfield 03 is a respectable collection
  13. Nottingham.