Best place to retire to ?

Discussion in 'Living Overseas' started by 12minden, Dec 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if it's been done before but what's the ideal place to retire to ? Apart from the Legion/local ale house. Some folks seem to stay in/around the Garrison, others want to get as far away as possible. I know a lot of lads are opting for sunny Cyprus at the moment.
  2. Eastbourne or Worthing have a high population of coffin dodgers.

Hope this helps?
  3. Anywhere with the right plugs I should think.
  4. Depends on where you come from and how much of a desire you have to retire there. I've got a good few years yet and haven't given it that much thought, tbh.
  5. Didn't ask where the best place was to give up hope did I ?? I have been to God's waiting room and defo wasn't for me, only just starting mid life crisis.
  6. Depends on what you want. Do you want to live by the sea, by forests, in a town, next to a railway, by a river. Only you will know where it is best to spend those twilight years of yours.
  7. Paderborn then ? Oh hang on that's been done !
  8. Hull, then your in hell already.
  9. Found my ideal place by the sea, not a million miles from where we used to exercise and I hated it then. Only thing it lacks is a burger king, made up for by the fact that got as much venison as I can cram in freezer.
  10. Bingo! Now, what was the question?
  11. You might want to consider Thailand.
    It's more than just beaches, bars & strip joints....
    Up in the north there's a vibrant expat, mainly retired, croud.
    Their club site is here:
    Chiang Mai Expat Club
    The quality & cost of life is completely on another level
    out in the Land of Smiles.
  12. Apart from the weather Cyprus is dogw ank. IMHO. :roll:
  13. Why do you need more then beaches, bars and strip joints?
  14. No Burger King!? Thats no good....sod the have to cook that which means all sorts of mess...with BK you just have to go and pick it up. Mind you, even that means getting off your arrse to go and get it.
  15. Some come for the cultcha or just some company.
    Even the biking and the diving are world class. :p

Oh and if needs be Burger King delivers....