Best place to get Royal signals mess dress

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by gary2000, Jun 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As the title would suggest i am currently looking for a decent place to buy mess dress. I don't want to buy second hand so not looking on ebay. I have tried mess dress online and they seem pretty reasonable but have heard mixed things about them so putting out to the floor to see what answers i get back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. I used Uniformal - cheap and decent quality
  3. Glover & Riding in Aldershot and Bulford. Not the cheapest, but they will do VAT free for BFPO, so get it shipped to a mate for invoice purposes if you are not BFG based (althought that is probably wrong **** the tax man).
    Very good qualitiy and it will fit and be correctly made.

Had serivce dress and mess kit from them and both are excellent.
  4. I used Costellos'.

They also do VAT free and will spread the cost over 4-6 months interest free if you wish to pay that way.

5. Even if you could get a complete set in good nick for £20???

6. I used these last year. I needed the mess kit in a hurry. They talked me through how to measure myself made it and posted it down within 10 days(for a little extra). I got the whole lot incl medals, boots shirt for just over £500 and the quality is excellent
  7. It really depends on how much you're willing to pay. I can recommend Costello's who have 3 shops and a very good reputation.
  8. Thanks for all the replies, will look into some of the ones mentioned as well as the ones i already know about. To answer the question about ebay, have had a look but not many mess dress for sale in my size.