Best place to buy mess dress?

try the corps officers' shop at Deepcut may have second hand stuff that you can get tailor to fix for you.

£850 sounds about right...

goon_bde said:
try the corps officers' shop at Deepcut may have second hand stuff that you can get tailor to fix for you.

£850 sounds about right...
Have to disagree! £850.00 sounds pricey, even for WO1/Officers Pattern, unless it includes collarless double cuffed shirt, braces, boots and spurs.

We had a RSM who thought it was a great idea to make the JNCO mess fork out for a mess dress.That was five years ago and I have only worn it three times,now our mess has gone back to suit.As I have a short time left in the army and would take a act of god for me to get to the Sgt mess I have a RA mess dress for sale if any one wants it, cheap at 150 pound,give me a shout if you want it

lisagemma said:
I thought they were going to bring in an allowance for Mess Dress now !!
I believe the official line is (or was) that they are looking at bringing in an allowance. This could be translated into "Not in your lifetime".

Shiny.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RLC-SNCO-Mess-Dress-LOOK_W0QQitemZ320321531380QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Collectables_Militaria_LE?hash=item320321531380&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1294|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Or www.messdress.com who accommodated me greatly on quick delivery and were reasonably priced too.

Go and speak to your pay office, collect £455 in cash or cheque.
I got mine from Corps tailor, free shirt, half price boots, paid £144 of my own money and got my medals done locally for £60 :D