Best place for a pint in Leeds

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Goatman, Sep 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Now then

I'll be oop Norf for a quiet half at some point this week ( but without my Arrse challenge coin dammit) ....what's the best pub in Leeds ? One with a darts team and no bloody Crab Crostini bar snacks?

....and does this boozer in Wakefield sell Veltins on draught at less than the slightly eye-watering 4.85 a pint I've just paid ?

There may also be curry involved :drunken:
  2. That depends. Are you wearing body armour and have you your personal protective weapon with you? If not, go back to your hotel, lock the door and drink the mini bar dry. At least you'll be alive in the morning.
  3. Best place in Leeds for a pint? Manchester. Or Newcastle. Or London.

Get the **** out of Leeds: it's a shithole inhabited by a bunch of inbred mouthbreathing skiplicking gyppo *****.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Mini bar full of Chromium tainted Stella Artois and canned sugar water at £2 a tin - no can do.

Friendly Forces* based locally (sister back from Oz ) indicate 'just sideways from Millenium Square on Great George St' for eats.

I left my CBA at home...anyone fancy a beer with no visits to A&E , Thursday ?

well, near approximation...think Croatian militia before the sliwowitz has worn off.....
  5. When are you around in Wakefield? I may be tempted out.
  6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Leeds, but not for the match with Everton .......Wakefield is down't rooooad a piece ?
  7. #

See, ******* told you Leeds was dangerous!! LOL
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

I did actually see Jacob Marley walking the streets this evening in the rain....everything grey - hair,skin,clothes,face.....the only thing the guy was missing was a big chain wrapped round him with ledgers and cashboxes hanging off....ah well, beats werewolves outside Lee Ho Fook's
  9. I could probably get out Friday for a bit after work. Can't stay out too late as I've to be back for the dog.
  10. You ******* tease!
  11. Not really, can't go out any other day as I'm working and can't go in smelling of ale but still have to get back to walk the dog.
  12. Leeds ; motorway city of the seventies !
    If you don't want bars try;
    A) "Whitelocks" off Briggate
    B) "The Palace" at the side of the Parish Church
    C) "The Adelphi" on Dock Street
    D)"The Cross Keys" on Water Lane
  13. Ok that's a very quick pass at a few of Leeds Finest which should give a student free drinking experience in the City Centre . It's not like being in Mombasa and drinking gin tho....
  14. Best place to drink in Leeds, easy is that...Directions - Walk out of the front of where you are staying, hail a taxi and say "Railway Station Please", get out at the station, ask the nice lady for a ticket to York...sorted, the class of muggers are so much better over here, they even say "please" and "thank you" and leave you enough cash for a last pint..Failing that, Whitelocks is narrow, but OK..
  15. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Another vote for Whitelocks. I hope it hasn't gone all boutiquey.